Sunday, March 19, 2017

I John 1:3-4 - "I Will"


I think I was awake more than asleep last night. Every time I woke up I prayed for someone going through some tough stuff. Some of them are going through physical issues while others are doing through issues that are effecting them caused by the actions of another. Some are going through spiritual growing pains as the Lord tries to get their attention. No matter what people are going through they all need to know the Lord is always there for them. Citizen's Way sings a song called "I Will" that kept going through my mind throughout the night...

I will hold you when your breaking like a father and a friend
I will carry you through darkness till we see the sun again
So rest your head and cry your tears
Know that I'm with you here
When you can't lift that weight
Beleive me when i say
I will


Plain and simple...He will always be there for us to comfort us, to strengthen us, to love on us, to carry our burdens for us. We are never alone. But in order to know the depth of His love for us we first must accept Him and then we must allow Him to have full reign of our lives. Sometimes accepting Him is much easier than allowing Him full control. As we take on a life of holiness it may mean we do things that don't make sense. It also may mean we do things we don't want to do. It may mean we talk to people we don't normally talk to or go places we don't normally go. His will may not align up with what we think we want but His will is perfect in all ways. His way is the only way to live life. I John 1:3-4 tell us that communion with the Lord brings joy. I can attest to that! Even when life is not easy I have His joy. The secret to having His joy even in trying times is to live a life knowing He is in control. I do not have to worry about anything because He already has things taken care of. I do not have to fret over bills because He already knows how they will be paid. I do not have to spend time begging people to come into relationship with Him because they will in His time. I do not have to sit and wonder why He puts me in the places He does because I don't have to understand the 'whys' of life. Plain and simple. He knows all and that is good enough for me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that enables me to live in a way of freedom. Thank You for this song that is a great reminder You will always be with me. Lord, throughout the night I prayed for many who are going through some tough times. A family with their wife/Momma failing in her health. A pastor who is dealing with a nasty church situation. My husband who continues with health issues. A friend with job issues. I'm sure there were more but these are the ones I remember this morning. Father, be very real to each of these ones. Open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed in their lives. I pray each of these ones will know You are there for them in their situation. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You today. Be my words, actions, attitude and vision throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant. Amen.


No comments: