Saturday, July 1, 2023

Revelation 5 - "Is He Worthy?"

As we crossed the first bridge coming home last night I looked over and saw this sky. I immediately thought of how magnificent our Father is and how much He loves us that He sacrificed His Only Son for our sins. What a love that shows for us! Chris Tomlin sings a song called "Is He Worthy?" that speaks volumes to me. Revelation 5 is all about that question. The wonderful answer to that question is Yes! Jesus is worthy! Part of the song goes...

Does the Father truly love us? (He does)
Does the Spirit move among us? (He does)
And does Jesus, our Messiah hold forever those He loves? (He does)
Does our God intend to dwell again with us? (He does)

Yes! I stand in the knowledge that God loves us so much that He will send Jesus again to this earth for us. If we want to be ready for His return, we must be in relationship with Him. That means we must be living in His presence doing His will. Sometimes we fail at doing what He desires of us. Sometimes we get in His way. Sometimes we manipulate circumstances to be as we desire instead of allowing Him to work through them. Sometimes we make wrong decisions. Sometimes we fall into temptation the enemy puts before us. In yesterday's morning service Pastor Sam spoke of how temptation is not always a sin. It can be us wanting things done our way or for our glory. Ouch! When we are sanctified wholly we no longer have to stumble or fall but when we do not do what God desires He still loves us. When we repent, He forgives us. Sometimes the hardest thing for us to do is forgive ourselves. The enemy loves to beat up on us and get us to think we are not worthy of God's love when we fall into temptation. According to Webster the word worthy means: Having worth or excellence; possessing merit; valuable; deserving; estimable; excellent; virtuous. I know I am valuable to God because I am His daughter who feels His love all the time. I am grateful for this knowledge. I also am grateful that He speaks through songs, Scripture, people, etc. to enable me to understand what He desires. Pastor Sam spoke on the Lord's Prayer yesterday. Peace is realized when we forgive. We need to not only forgive others but we also need to forgive ourselves. Pastor Jared spoke on the fruit of the Spirit in the afternoon service. He said people will be led to Christ through seeing the fruit of the Spirit lived out in us. Peace is something that is in short supply on this earth. If I desire to live a peaceful life, I need to stay right with God. I need to repent and allow God to heal the hurts of past actions in my life. I need to forgive those who have done things against me instead of carrying the baggage that goes with them. It is easier to forgive others than to forgive myself. I tend to beat myself up over and over again for the past. I was thinking about something I said in a previous sermon and in my District report. 'The past is the past. The present is the present. The future is the future.' I cannot change the past but I can live in the present so I do not make the same mistakes in the future. God continually tells me, "Daughter, I have forgiven you. Now you need to do the same.' 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of this week at Family Camp for Doug and I! Thank You for the way You spoke to us and opened doors for healing in different situations! I pray for Your strength as I get things done today. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his pathology report; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan; the Long family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: