Friday, July 21, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "God of Wonders"


Seventy-seven years ago today my Momma and Daddy got married. Their life was not always easy but it was always filled with love. The ten years she lived after he died were amazing. She found strength she did not know she had and she knew it came from the Lord. Her faith became stronger as she trusted God to not only get her through each day but to glorify Him through them. I always said when I grow up I want to be like my Momma. I want to be loved by all, quick with making people know they are loved, thoughtful, kind, generous...the list goes on and on. They both lived with the knowledge of Philippians 4:13 in their heart. When my sister was murdered, they had to dig into their faith deeper. Throughout the multiple health issues including my Daddy's different bouts with cancer they both knew God was with them. Last night when I heard the tornado sirens were going off in Orrville I praised God that she was not there to be scared. I praise God for memories such as this picture. We celebrated their sixty-fifth anniversary early at our family gathering. Daddy was having tough days and wasn't quite himself yet he pushed through to make it that day. That is how he lived life. He pushed through difficult days. He knew God was with him and he knew he had made a commitment to take care of my Momma many years before. I am so grateful for not only the memories we have of them but also the example they gave of how to live. I was excited to find out his birthday was on a Sunday this year. It made picking a date for our wedding easy. I love Sundays and I love my Daddy. Last night as I walked the beach I was listening to the waves and watching the seashells go in and out with the water. I thought about the one time Daddy took us to the beach. We were visiting Aunt Lenore and Uncle George. Myrtle Beach was a hundred miles away from their house. Daddy drove us there and after getting out to see the beach he said it was time to leave. We had only been there maybe fifteen minutes. I was so disappointed. I had dreamt of going to the ocean for what seemed like all my life and then to only have fifteen minutes I was crushed. I remember him saying, 'Sheila Babe, you will see it again some day.' Yes, Daddy I certainly do see it frequently now that I live so close. I told Doug last night we are so blessed to live so close that when we have only an hour we can still go. I remember our 'ocean vacations' with Paul, Lizzy, and her family being so much fun. I also remember not wanting to go home at the end of the week. Now going home from the ocean is not a big deal because I know I will be back in a short time. As I walked last night listening to the waves once again the song "God of Wonders" was on my heart...

Lord of all creation
Of water earth and sky
The heavens are Your Tabernacle
Glory to the Lord on high

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Doug mowing the church, driving me to Marion, visiting Ms Paula and Mr Jack, and taking me to the beach after dinner! Thank You for Betty's test going well! Thank You for my Momma and Daddy's legacy left for all of us! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await to start treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: