Thursday, July 27, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "I Speak Jesus"

Yesterday I shared some frustrations while in conversation with my dear friend Beth. I told her I was struggling with some changes in life and didn't understand why. She shared maybe the reason was because I have gone through so many changes in such a short time. I thought about that statement throughout the day and prayed for God to help me adjust when changes come along. One of the biggest changes in my personal life is the loss of my Momma. When my Daddy died, I still had her and felt a need to love on her more since she lost the love of her life. We became closer over the last ten years since his death and for that I am grateful. I do not regret one trip made to Ohio and am thankful God provided for each trip. Adjusting to no longer having phone calls with her every day and sometimes multiple times a day is difficult. Last night in Bible study we again talked about God not only knowing our words spoken and what we do but also our thoughts. He knows the hurts of my heart before I even speak them yet when I speak them it helps me in the healing process. My conversations with God are exactly what I need to experience. He puts people in my path who will listen to me and give advice but He is the most important One for me to talk and listen to. Many times when Doug and I walk we talk but yesterday morning as we crossed the bridge we were silent. During that time I had "I Speak Jesus" going through my mind. I prayed for those passing by on their way to work to plant seeds with their co-workers throughout the work day that would draw them into or deeper in their relationship with God. My parents taught me to trust God no matter what was happening in life. My Daddy trusted God throughout his sixty plus surgeries, getting shot, the murder of my sister, having a broken neck from being hit by a train..the list goes on and on. In his morning calls to me if I were still in bed he would say things like, 'Now Sheila Babe, it's ok to rest but you can't stay there or the MS will win.' His words come to me many times when I want to give up. When I start to give up, I remember his words of encouragement and the example he gave to stay strong in the Lord's strength. I am so blessed to have such memories. I often said over the last few years, "When I grow up, I want to be like my Momma." She continued on gracefully when she lost my Daddy after sixty-six plus years. She embraced changes in church such as with the style of music. She was willing to learn how to do Facebook in her late eighties so she could stay connected with people. She also showed me how to lean into God's strength and to praise Him on the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. Many times when she would call and I would pray for her I would hear her saying, 'Thank You Jesus...yes....yes...' Her words were blessings then and continue to be blessings now.

I just want to speak the name of Jesus
Over every heart and every mind
'Cause I know there is peace within His presence
I speak Jesus

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with a morning and evening walk with Doug, coffee with Beth, my visit with Marion, and last night's Bible study! Thank You for the blessing of two godly parents! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as he starts treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray Your strength over Jack with his procedure today. Thank You for Clay driving him! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen. 

No comments: