Saturday, July 8, 2023

Psalm 81 - "Into the Sea (It's Gonna Be OK)"


My heart breaks for people who live their life without Jesus. The saying 'hurting people hurt people' is so true. Those without the Lord in their life cannot heal from the hurts of life on their own. They also take out those hurts on others. When I think back on my own life, I see many times of hurt I experienced. Without God's soothing balm to get me through such times I would not be where I am today. I am so thankful for His love that overpowers any hurt this world puts on me. I am thankful for the way He uses people, Scripture, music, etc. to encourage me through hurtful times. This morning He brought the song "Into The Sea (It's Gonna Be OK)" to my mind. What a great reminder this song gives us.

Though the mountains may be moved into the sea
Though the ground beneath might crumble and give way
I can hear my Father singing over me
"It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK"

The only way life will be 'OK' is through Jesus. He took me to Psalm 81 this morning to ponder upon. This Psalm was written to remind us God will provide exactly what we need in life when we allow Him. That does not mean financially but also physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally, and most of all spiritually. We are encouraged to praise God in the beginning of this Psalm because He is our strength. The Psalm continues to remind us of all He has done for us. It gives us direction to stay focused on God and to allow Him to be Who He desires in our life. This Psalm also gives direction on how God will be with those who do not allow Him in their life. He gives us a free will. He is a gentleman so when one makes the decision to live without Him in their life He allows it. His hope is for all to live in such a manner that His love flows from us. The end result of such a life is found in the last verse when we read of the satisfaction given to us through the Lord. It hurts my heart to see people living in the 'junk' of this world instead of with the Lord. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with safe travels for Doug and I and dinner with Joe, Val, Cailie, Cade, and Lauren! I needed to be with family and You provided! Woo hoo! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those not in relationship with You to find You. I pray for those who have fallen away from You to have a renewed spirit. Lord, may Your strength be felt by many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Dan who started chemo; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; Jim; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his pathology report; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Sandy and her family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Satisfaction! Amen. 

No comments: