Sunday, July 16, 2023

Exodus 14:14 - "You Are So Good To Me"

I woke up this morning with a song Third Day sings called "You Are So Good To Me" and thought about conversations Doug and I had throughout the day yesterday. As we drove home from the cabin we passed some run-down homes. He talked about how there are many people who would love to live in our cabin for their first home and here we have it for our second home. He said it is hard to believe our life and how God continues to bless us. I had said for a few weeks I wanted a true celebration date when my property in Ohio sold. That is exactly what we did last night. Neither of us had ever been to Old Bull Tavern and I heard the food was good. I knew we were taking a chance with going without a reservation but we were seated and enjoyed our dinner. After we ate we walked over to Kilwin's for our ice cream and sitting by the water. Unfortunately, it started sprinkling and was so crowded with the Water Festival so we didn't stay long. What a blessed evening we had! This evening and tomorrow Doug will experience his first District Assembly. I hope he feels as welcomed to South Carolina as I was seven years ago. My South Carolina Nazarene family continue to love me well. They have been through a lot with me over these seven years but always are here for me. I remember the first District Assembly with only knowing a couple people and thinking how weird it felt after being on the North Central Ohio District for so many years and knowing everyone. Thankfully God created me to be a 'people person' so it did not take long to make friends. The words to this song greatly speak to me. They remind me the more I seek Him for my life the more I will experience Him in my life.

You are so good to me, You heal my broken heart
You are my Father in Heaven...
You are beautiful my sweet, sweet song...

You ride upon the clouds, You lead me to the truth
You are the Spirit inside me...                                                                                                                           You are beautiful my sweet, sweet song...

God has been with me for over sixty-one years and will continue to be with me. The desires of His heart is for me to go deeper in my faith as I live in His presence 24/7. Oh how I pray I will fulfill the desires of His heart more and more every day. When the difficult days come, we must remember the words of Exodus 14:14 and allow God to take care of things. As we allow His will to unfold in our life our faith will deepen. We will realize His love to a deeper degree when living in this manner. The peace that only He can give will be present. All we have to do is be still before Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of being at the cabin for a couple days to get things done, our celebration dinner for the sale of the Ohio property, and for the way Doug loves me well! I pray for our District Assembly over tonight and tomorrow. May You be so real to Pastor Sam and the leaders as they do Your work. I pray for pastors who will be preaching today to do so as You desire. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those going through difficult days to lean into Your strength. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await to start treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Kayla, John, and their family; Baby Sabre and her family; Janice; Debbie; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Father! Amen.

No comments: