Friday, July 7, 2023

Psalm 37 - "The More I Seek You"

Yesterday was another day full of blessings yet my body rebelled with fatigue. I struggled in the morning with missing my Momma. The tears were flowing as I dried my hair. When I walked in to see some of my little guys, Tallmadge gave me a picture he drew for me of my Momma in heaven. Oh my, the tears came again. God knew what I needed and provided through an hour with them. When I visited with Marion, there was a man who needed help playing bingo that took a lot of patience not only with him but with the residents around him who became so crabby because he was so verbal. The traffic was heavy as I drove which was another added stress. I was grateful Doug made an early dinner when I got home. Chrissy was unable to come to dinner so we took it to her. Since we were out that way we spent a couple hours at the beach. I so needed that time to just sit and listen to the waves. I finished a book, we talked, and relaxed. I felt so much better afterward. In fact, I mowed part of the yard when we got home which I know I would not have been able to do earlier in the evening. The day was also blessed with a phone call from my nephew Joe. I'm so excited to spend time with him and his family this weekend. Once gain, I am reminded of how much God loves me. He loves me greatly through people especially my husband. In the middle of the day yesterday Doug sent me a text telling me how much he loves me. Not only was it sweet to receive but it meant more because he isn't on his phone much so that made it even more special. I am reminded of the words of Psalm 37:4 where David speaks about how when we live for the Lord He will give us the desires of our heart. I desire to live in His will as I live in His presence. I desire to love all I meet with His love. Yesterday I talked with a wife who cried in my arms. She has a deep faith but is faltering as his health has taken a downward spiral. She feels inadequate to care for him and is struggling with the decision to put him in a facility. We all have to realize our limitations and allow God to give us wisdom in such situations to make decisions He desires. We also have to lean into Philippians 4:13 for His strength every day. Physical, mental, emotional, financial, relational, and most of all spiritual. I love the last words of Psalm 34 in The Passion TranslationBut the Lord will be the Savior of all who love him. Even in their time of trouble, God will live in them as strength. Because of their faith in him, their daily portion will be a Father’s help and deliverance from evil. This is true for all who turn to hide themselves in him! I love that He is my Daily Portion as I lean into Him! Woo hoo! This morning I am singing "The More I Seek You" as the desire of my heart is to be more in tune with Him every day. 

I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, its more than I can stand
I melt in your peace, its overwhelming

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day full of blessings from start to finish yesterday! Thank You for being with me as the tears fell as I miss my Momma so much, my time with my little friends and then Marion, getting a call from my nephew Joe, Doug and I visiting Chrissy and then going to the beach to relax, and getting the yard done! It was a good day full of many emotions. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, attitude, actions, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Dan who started chemo; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his pathology report; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Sandy and her family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Daily Portion! Amen. 

No comments: