Saturday, July 29, 2023

Psalm 150 - "Gratitude"


Yesterday we hung our VanZile sign on the cabin. We chose the three crosses for not only the cabin but also the one for our Beaufort home. The three crosses have been our mantra from the beginning of our relationship. God, Doug, and I. We are a team. I love the braid that hangs in our living room to remind us throughout the day of the bond we have with God. David reminds us in Psalm 150 to praise God with our whole being. When we are in relationship with God, we can praise Him for the 'good' times and the 'tough' times of life. Praising Him empowers us to be focused on Him. Praising Him enables us to see positives in 'tough' situations. I shared a few times over the last couple weeks about how COVID was a blessing to Doc and I because it gave us more time to spend together one-on-one. There were so many 'bad' things that came from COVID including deaths of loved ones. God showed me the positive that came through it for me. He continually shows me positives in life when I allow Him. He opens my eyes to things I would normally miss because I allow Him to be my King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I have said it many times and will continue saying it. I am one blessed lady. This morning I have Brandon Lake's song "Gratitude" going through my mind. It's puts a smile on my face because I will always cherish seeing my Momma sing this with her arm raised up in the air praising God.

So I throw up my hands
Praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Doug as we enjoyed breakfast out, thrift store/antique shopping, the afternoon in the pool, and a walk last night! Thank You for the precious memory You brought to me this morning of my Momma! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as he starts treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen. 

No comments: