Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Philippians 4 - "Glorious Day"

Yesterday was another day full of blessings. Time writing in the morning and then a visit with my friend MaryBeth followed by a lunch date with Doug was a great way to start the day. The afternoon had a visit with Marion before going to the beach with my honey to soak in some Vitamin D. It is such a blessing to live so close to the beach. The weather was perfect for a beautiful sunset so we stopped for pizza when we left the beach so we could see the it. Wow, God was a beautiful artist with last night's sunset! It was gorgeous! Once again I can say I am one blessed lady. I woke this morning with a song Passion sings called "Glorious Day"...

You called my name
And I ran out of that grave
Out of the darkness
Into Your glorious day

Yes! The day I chose to accept Jesus in my heart as a little girl was a blessed day. I will never forget talking to the preacher and being baptized. Another day I will never forget was when I walked back into relationship with Him after falling away. The day I allowed Him to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of my life was another day of great remembrance. He has loved me greatly over my life but the closer I get to Him the more I experience His love. Woo hoo! Last night when I asked our waitress how we could pray for her she responded she wanted 'peace of mind' and shared she was working two jobs to get a new car. It was busy so we couldn't get into conversation but I hope to go back soon to talk with her. We prayed for her to know God's peace which passeth all understanding (Philippians 4:7). Paul teaches the Philippians and us to Rejoice in the Lord always... (vs 4) and to pray with thanksgiving (vs 6). As we live in this manner we will have God's peace. He continues teaching us to focus on 'good' things in verse eight. Even in the midst of the storms of life we can experience God's peace as we allow Him to fill us with His Spirit. We may not understand the 'Whys?' of life but we don't have to. All we have to do is allow God to work in and through us. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day full of blessings yesterday! Thank You for Doug and I taking time to go to the beach for a couple hours and then having dinner and seeing the gorgeous sunset You painted! Thank You for the day ahead! Cleanse me so You can use me to be Your hands and feet. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for our waitress last night to have 'peace of mind' as she asked us to pray for along with others going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await to start treatments; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Kayla, John, and their family; Baby Sabre and her family; Janice; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: