Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Psalm 69 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

The Lord took me to Psalm 69 this morning. This Psalm resonates in my heart. David speaks of having people against Him. Sometimes this world can throw a lot of ugliness your way. That ugliness is used by the enemy to pull us away from the Lord. One grounded in their faith will do the opposite and trust God more as they lean into His strength to get through such times. Their faith will deepen as they deal with such people. Verses thirteen through twenty-one David prays for God to rescue him from the 'junk' the world puts on him.  He prays for deliverance from those who are against him. The most important aspect of this Psalm is found in verses thirty through thirty-six. David begins his writing with lamenting and ends it with praising God. Matthew Henry describes it:  

The psalmist concludes the psalm with holy joy and praise, which he began with complaints of his grief. It is a great comfort to us, that humble and thankful praises are more pleasing to God than the most costly, pompous sacrifices. The humble shall look to him, and be glad; those that seek him through Christ shall live and be comforted.

When we feel like we are sinking under the things this world puts on us, God is there to pull us out. When we feel like there are more people against us than love us, He is there to remind us of His love. When we feel like we cannot put one foot in front of the other, He is there to give us His strength to carry on. This morning I have the song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" on my mind. I know my God is here with me. I know He desires for me to lean into His strength. I know He loves me enough to never let me succumb to the enemies of life. Plain and simple, I know.

I will call upon Your Name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the encouragement of David's words in Psalm 69 and the song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"! When the enemy comes knocking at my door, may I remember to not allow it to be open for him. Thank You for Doug mowing the church yard yesterday and for the great meeting I had with the board last night! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those going through difficult days to find Your peace. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await to start treatments; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Kayla, John, and their family; Janice; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Protector! Amen.

No comments: