Saturday, July 22, 2023

Matthew 6:33 - "First Things First"


I woke up this morning with the words to "First Things First" going through my mind...

First thing's first
I seek Your will
Not my own
Surrender all my wants to you
Keep the first thing first
To live Your truth
Walk Your ways
Set my eyes
Lord, I fix my face on you
All my desires reversed
To keep the first thing first


God has to be first when we have eternal life with Him as our goal. He has to be the One to make all decisions in life. When we live in such a manner, His love will be realized in abundance. It was so hot walking last night but it also was such a blessing as Doug and I parked and walked across the bridge to the waterfront. There were not many people there yet since we went before the concert started and I would imagine the heat had a part of it. As we passed people walking I wondered how many of them are in relationship with Jesus. I am sure there were a lot. I know I can't 'save' anyone but I also know my witness can plant seeds that can lead to salvation. We never know where or when God will give us an opportunity to plant seeds. We must be ready at all time to take such opportunities. The only way to be ready is to live in His presence so we not only will hear His voice but we will walk in obedience to Him. Jordan Ward from Consumed By Fire wrote of this song: We can do a lot of things, all of us in the world with our lives, but if it doesn’t have eternal weight to it then what’s it matter? Our to-do list can be long. Our calendar can be full of activities. Our checkbook can show all kinds of expenses. But if these things are not God-ordained we are missing the point. If they do not have eternal consequences, they are for naught. Jordan Ward continues: Writing ‘First Things First’ spearheaded the creation of a new direction for us. Every record you make is sort of a chapter of your life. In this chapter, everything we thought we wanted and were geared up for, we’re saying we surrender all those things. We’re saying, ‘Lord, we want what You want.’ It’s a prayer of surrender, especially after losing our dad. We just want to surrender our dreams and our hopes to the Lord. That is how we all need to live. We need to surrender to His will 24/7. Is that possible? Of course not because we are human. But the more we strive to live Christ-like the more we will accomplish it.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings yesterday with lunch with Nancy, Leslie, Carol, Debbie, and Jack to celebrate Ms Paula's birthday! Thank You for the time Doug and I had last night to 'stop and smell the roses!' Thank You for the opportunities ahead to plant seeds! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await to start treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. Thank You for being My Opportunity Giver! Amen.

No comments: