Sunday, June 25, 2023

Psalm 71 - "Ever Be"


The Lord took me to Psalm 71 this morning. David poured out his heart in this Psalm as he sought more of God. He acknowledged God as his protector who he found shelter in verse one. In The Voice he acknowledges God as being his rock of refuge in verse three. That verse continues, You are my solid ground—my rock and my fortress. David describes God in verse five as his hope...source of my confidence. I believe verse six is the key to living. It reads, I have leaned upon You since I came into this world; I have relied on You since You took me safely from my mother’s body, So I will ever praise You. It does not matter what we go through on this earth God is with us. No matter how long the 'tough' days continue He is there for us. The more we praise Him the easier it will be to get through 'tough' days. The song "Ever Be" is on my mind this morning...

Faithful You have been
And faithful You will be
You pledge yourself to me
And it’s why I sing
Your praise will ever be on my lips
Ever be on my lips

This week has been one full of reminders of my dear Momma. Oh how I miss her. I miss talking with her every day with most days several times a day. I miss her telling me how much she loves me and how proud she was of me. I miss her words of wisdom and encouragement. It is hard to fathom those days are only memories. In my brain I know everyone dies and leaves this earth. I also know she is no longer in pain and with Jesus. But that knowledge does not take away the ache of wanting to be with my Momma. Even though my heart hurts I must do as verse fourteen of Psalm 71 says, But I will keep hope alive, and my praise to You will grow exponentially. I also must do as verse sixteen says and continue to share my testimony. God was with me through some pretty 'tough' days in the past and I know He will be with me for 'tough' days ahead. The end of verse twenty is a promise I hold onto tightly. You will restore me again. You will raise me up from the deep pit. Matthew Henry wrote:

1

Assured of deliverance and victory, let us spend our days, while waiting the approach of death, in praising the Holy One of Israel with all our powers. And while speaking of his righteousness, and singing his praises, we shall rise above fears and infirmities, and have earnests of the joys of heaven. The work of redemption ought, above all God's works, to be spoken of by us in our praises.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I pray for pastors who will be in the pulpit today to realize Your strength as they preach what You have given them. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for safe travels for not only Doug and I but all traveling to Family Camp this afternoon. May the week ahead be filled with blessings through the preaching, music, times of fellowship, etc. I pray for those who are going through 'tough' times to realize You are their Hope. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he waits to start chemo; the Long family; Becky; a young mother hospitalized as she awaits the birth of her baby; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: