Monday, July 31, 2023

I Peter 2:9; Psalm 150:6 - "Let Everything That Has Breath"


Yesterday was another glorious Sunday. Children's Sunday School, Morning Worship with communion, Lunch followed by everyone working together to pack fifty Samaritan's Purse shoeboxes, two hour nap, walk in the historic district and Cypress Wetlands, ice cream, and a walk at the Sands. Woo hoo! Our "Christmas In July" was a true celebration with it being the vision God gave me with a few tweaks. In the service we celebrated with communion and I shared how we can celebrate our missionaries over the next few months. The sermon was how we need to celebrate ourselves based on the words of I Peter 2:9. We are chosen...a royal priesthood...God's special possession. That gives us four reasons we need to celebrate ourselves. We are acceptable, valuable, capable, and forgivable. Woo hoo! God loves us so much and so many times we sell ourselves short. When we put ourselves down, we are putting God down because He created us. Instead we need to do as Peter says by praising Him. I was exhausted when we left the church to come home. There was so much energy put into the day. Physical and mental energy was given in not only the preaching aspect of the day but also with the packing of shoeboxes. When I found out Friday I would be preaching, I prayed and asked God to reveal to me what to preach. I looked over a few sermons I have starts on but nothing seemed to be what He wanted for yesterday. Friday night He gave me what He wanted and I felt so blessed. There was very little 'panic' involved in the process which made me know I was truly preparing what He desired. I am so grateful to be in relationship with God where I not only hear His voice but have the desire to follow His direction. As we walked in the historic district we looked at such beauty in God's creation. Then when we walked at Cypress Wetlands we saw so many turtles and birds that remind us God makes many creatures and all have a purpose. We all have a purpose for being on this earth but we also all have the purpose to praise Him as long as we have breath to do so. Psalm 150:6 reads in the King James VersionLet every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord. Woo hoo! I love how the Passion Translation reads, Let everyone everywhere join in this crescendo of ecstatic praise to Yahweh! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! The word 'ecstatic' shows excitement and boldness. I have seen some who praise God with little to no emotion but that is not what I picture praising God looking like. I see it being shown with deep love and adoration for what He does in my life. I am thankful God created me as I am with enthusiasm and boldness. I love the words to Matt Redman's song, "Let Everything That Has Breath"...

Praise You in the morning, praise You in the evening
Praise You when I'm young and when I'm old
Praise You when I'm laughing, praise You with I'm grieving
Praise You ev'ry season of the soul

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Children's Sunday School, Morning Worship with communion, Lunch followed by everyone working together to pack fifty Samaritan's Purse shoeboxes, two hour nap,  and Doug and I walking in the historic district, Cypress Wetlands, the Sands, and having ice cream! Thank You for the blessing of everyone who worked to pack fifty shoeboxes and for the money to cover the postage for these boxes! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your healing over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being close to Doug's family with the loss of his cousin! Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen.  

No comments: