Sunday, July 9, 2023

Psalm 113 - "Cornerstone"

I woke up this morning with these words to "Cornerstone" going through my mind...

The sun goes up, the sun comes down
This old world keeps spinnin' 'round
I'm here travelin' down this long and winding road
Seasons come and seasons go
They take me high, then leave me low
But I'm still standing on the only rock I know
You're my cornerstone
Oh, oh, oh, no matter where I go, my cornerstone

Yes! He is my Cornerstone and for that I am grateful. "Seasons come and seasons go..." These words are what we deal with every day. Life changes. Some changes are easier to deal with than others. Some changes happen without too much trouble yet others are overwhelming. I do not deal well with pain in my body. It not only effects me physically but also mentally and emotionally. Yesterday ended up being a day of a lot of rest as I continue to 'baby' this leg/hip along. It bothers me physiologically when I can't be out doing my normal day with walking. This song reminds me God sees every aspect of my life and blesses me through the 'tough' ones. He knows the desires of my heart. He gives them to me daily. This picture is a great reminder of such blessings. I took the picture of sunrise in Ohio on a day I was visiting my Momma on one of her hospital stays last year. That evening I took the picture of the sunset when I was back home. I loved seeing the corn growing in the fields on that trip but I also am blessed with the beauty of God's creation here in my little world. I loved spending time with my Momma yet was always ready to be back home. God gives me the desires of my heart all the time. Things may not happen in the timing I desire but His timing is always perfect. When my will is aligned with His will, His timing will be what I desire. As I live in His presence and strive to walk in His will I will realize more and more of what His will is for my life. I don't have to understand the 'Whys?' of life. All I have to do is go with whatever He desires of me. I don't know why I had to rest so much yesterday but I know God has a plan and I am ready to walk in such plan. Saturday nights are always for praying for pastors. I took a pain pill so didn't wake in the night to pray but I am praying this morning for pastors in the pulpit today, including myself, to speak what God has given them. i pray for a hedge of protection around all pastors so the enemy has no open doors into them. Sundays are hard for pastors. People don't realize how taxing it is on the physical body to preach. They don't realize how taxing it is on the mental/emotional body to not only preach but to be on the right mindset to answer questions, interact with people, etc. as God desires. Praise God we have our Cornerstone as our foundation! The cornerstone is important to a physical building as He is to us. The cornerstone of a building determines the alignment of the remaining construction just as Jesus determines our life. With Him as our Cornerstone we are aligned with His will. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for what Doug and I accomplished at the church! Thank You for lessened pain this morning after resting so much yesterday! I pray for all pastors in the pulpit today to be aligned with You as their Cornerstone. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult seasons of life. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await to start treatments; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan; the Long family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: