Thursday, July 20, 2023

I Peter 1:16; Hebrews 8:12 - "God of Wonders"

Doug started up Alexa this morning and Third Day started singing "God of Wonders" and I immediately got the Holy Spirit goosebumps. "You are holy...holy..." Sunday's sermon is about living in God's holiness. Peter shared in I Peter 1:16 that we are to be holy as He is holy. I remember years ago thinking about how I could never be a member of the Church of the Nazarene because I could not be perfect. I am so thankful for the way Doc and Pastor Steve explained the doctrine of sanctification. I also am thankful for the way I fell in love with the Church of the Nazarene. It is not a matter of being 'perfect' but it is about striving to be Christ-like. We, as humans, will mess up but the more we strive to live in His presence the more we will be successful in doing so. The more we seek Him and His will the more the desires of our heart will align with His. These words to this song speak volumes to me...

Early in the morning
I will celebrate the light
When I stumble in the darkness
I will call Your Name by night

I am thankful for the words of Paul in Hebrews 8:12 that tell us God not only forgives but forgets. His unconditional love is different than that of most of our friends and family. His forgiveness is for all who repent. His unconditional love is for all who accept Him into their heart. This morning I am praying for those who have not come into relationship with Him yet and for those who know Him yet are choosing to not be in relationship with Him at this time. A life with Him is the best way to live. He is the best encourager.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug who takes care of me so well! Thank You for Scripture, music, and people that encourages me. Thank You for the doctrine of holiness that the Church of the Nazarene stands upon! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await to start treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. I pray for Betty as she has a test today. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. Thank You for being My Holiness! Amen.

No comments: