Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Proverbs 17:17 - "Friends Are Friends Forever"

Sitting and talking with Jack and Ann yesterday over lunch was priceless! I miss them so much. I miss sitting and talking with Jack about our families. I miss praying with Ann. I am so thankful Daren brought them down to Darlene's and for Darlene meeting us with them for lunch. When my Daddy died, Jack told me he would always be there to give me a hug in my Daddy's place. I loved the friendship the two of them developed when my parents visited us in Willard. We went through a lot together in the fifteen years we were there. Jack mentioned yesterday about the times of us sitting in hospitals waiting on surgeries and being with them when their grandson was killed in an accident. We enjoyed doing life together. It was great to introduce them to Doug and get caught up with life events. It was also great to be able to meet at Doug's nephew's restaurant for lunch and get to see him. Family and friends make the tough times of life bearable. Sitting with Marion later in the afternoon made me realize that to a greater degree. Every week we go through the story of her 'Tennessee home' and her husband's death. After asking about these things she will often say 'I have no recollection of that.' We never know when our memory will be taken from us. Thankfully, she is not to the point where she no longer recognizes us. If and when that happens, it will be difficult. I am thankful my Momma and Daddy did not have suffer from the diseases that cause such things. Momma had some memory loss in her last months but she was still 'sharp as a tack' in her conversations. This morning I am praying for people who care for family members who no longer recognize them and for those with family members who are not themselves and become mean at times. I pray for all caretakers to have a support system but especially for them to lean into the Lord's strength. I am so thankful for the friends God has given me over the years. This morning I am reminded of the song "Friends Are Friends Forever" that Brian Howard sang when we were leaving for our move to South Carolina. 

And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long
To live as friends

Whether our friends are from years ago or new they are a gift from God. We need to plant seeds of our faith into relationships so they will grow in their relationship with Him. We need to remember to encourage them when the Holy Spirit brings them to our minds.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my friends Ann and Jack who are so special! Thank You for Doug driving me to see them yesterday! Thank You for my new friends Zach and Ricklynn who we had over for dinner last night! Thank You for continuing to be with Marion and the ones where she lives that struggle with memory issues! May their family and caregivers have a special care for them in these days. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as he starts treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for Sue Wolfe as she adjusts to her first days of being a widow. Thank You for being My Friend! Amen. 

No comments: