Wednesday, July 19, 2023

I Chronicles 16:34; Hebrews 8:12 - "Goodness of God"

Yesterday morning I woke thinking about Dr. Duarte's sermon on how God provides. This morning I chuckled when I woke up after ten hours of sleep. God definitely provided what I needed. He always does even in times I do not see it. There was so much to get caught up on when we got home from assembly yesterday yet I was so tired. Doug convinced me to 'just rest fifteen minutes' which turned into a forty-five minute nap. Once again, God provided what was needed. As I tried to work on sermon after dinner I was so tired and finally quit. I know He will provide time and clarity in my thinking to continue the process in His perfect timing. In my reading last night there was one article that brought up how we all have 'trauma toolboxes' in our life. They are filled with times of hearing of a deathly diagnosis in ourselves or a loved one, being in an accident, losing a job, going through a divorce, etc. Each of these things and many more cause trauma we must allow God to heal us from or we will live a miserable life. We will question the 'What-ifs?' and the 'Whys?' We will beat ourselves down for being 'so bad' that not even God could still love us. One thing we must remember is God always loves us. He is always there for us. His unconditional love is different than that of most of our friends and family. He forgives when we ask for forgiveness and forgets. Hebrews 8:12 reads in the New International Version, For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more. Praise His Holy Name! Last night Doug and I discussed this Sunday's Sunday School lesson he was working on. I told him I did not want to go to the Nazarene Church. Doc convinced me to give it a try. The doctrine of holiness was one I did not believe I could adapt to because I could not be perfect. Doc shared holiness is something we need to strive for and the more we do so the more we will be Christ-like. I told Doug it was the doctrine of holiness that made me fall in love with the Nazarene Church. It is why I am a pastor today. There was one sentence in the Sunday School lesson that stuck out to me. "A holy person avoids ongoing contamination with that which is morally unclean." There have been times in my life when I was being contaminated by things not of God. I praise Him for opening my eyes to such times, accepting my repentance, and giving me a clean slate to continue on in life. He is such a wonderful Father who loves us even in times of discipline. I have the words to "Goodness of God" on my heart this morning...

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah
And all my life You have been faithful, ohh
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God, yeah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings yesterday Doug and I had with Ms Carol as we traveled home! Thank You for James' servant heart to once again deliver the boxes of Crisis Care Kits to Maryland! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those having difficult days to lean into Your supernatural strength. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await to start treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Kayla, John, and their family; Baby Sabre and her family; Janice; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. Thank You for being My Supernatural Strength! Amen.

No comments: