Thursday, July 6, 2023

II Timothy 2:15 - "Thank You"

Last night's children's lesson on bugs didn't go as planned with the rain and thunder rolling in but it went exactly as God planned. We had read through a few Scriptures when Nick asked a question about one of the first ones. He is a deep thinker. When he asked his question, it made me realize the importance of digging in deeper with him. I love when ones I share Scripture with are sponges. I also love when questions take us from one Scripture to another. I remember one of my favorite Sunday School teachers in elementary school was Virgil Martin. He brought the Bible to life in ways that made me want to read it. In Junior High my Sunday School teacher was Marian Starn who was a hoot. Oh how I loved going to her class. Once again, she brought the Bible to life. I was thinking last night as Nick and I were studying about how I want him and others to think of me in that way. I want people to not only love me as their pastor/teacher but I want them to see me living out the Bible. I took this picture of Nick and I a few weeks ago in Sunday School. It reminds me to pray as I prepare lessons to teach him. I pray he will grasp what God has for him and that I will make it an enjoyable lesson so he will want to learn more about God. I am so blessed to have the privilege to teach all ages but I especially enjoy teaching those who are sponges. I have the desire to learn more as I dig into Scripture. I love seeing Doug studying for the Sunday School class he is teaching. It seems like every day we have a discussion about Scripture or a topic from a lesson he is studying. That blesses my heart in abundance. This morning I am reminded of Paul's words in II Timothy 2:15. This verse reiterates we are to please God as we teach others about Him. Paul's example of teaching in the right manner what he was taught is one we all can learn from. He studied to learn. We need to do the same. This morning I am reminded of an old song, "Thank You" that Ray Boltz did and feeling blessed by those who taught me throughout the years and for those God puts in my life to teach.

I dreamed I went to heaven
And you were there with me
We walked upon the streets of gold
Beside the crystal sea
We heard the angels singing
Then someone called your name
You turned and saw this young man
And he was smiling as he came
And he said friend you may not know me now
And then he said but wait
You used to teach my Sunday School
When I was only eight
And every week you would say a prayer
Before the class would start
And one day when you said that prayer
I asked Jesus in my heart

Bringing people into a relationship with Christ and/or watching them grow in their relationship with Him blesses me in abundance. Oh how I love my life and where the Lord has me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my time teaching Nick last night! What a blessing he is in my life. Thank You for Doug leading the adults last night! He is such a blessing in my life. I praise You for all the ways You bless me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for safety as I travel to see Marian today and for the man coming to repair our garage door. I pray for Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Dan who started chemo; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his pathology report; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Teacher! Amen. 

No comments: