Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Psalm 81 - "Honey In The Rock"


Last year at this time I was with my Momma as we celebrated the Fourth of July. I pushed her in the wheelchair down to watch the parade one evening. We took drives for ice cream up to Barberton for Durbin's and to Dalton to the Dari-ette. I drove her up to 'spend time with Daddy' at the cemetery which was something she loved to do. Her favorite part of the holiday was having friends in for a meal before the fireworks. Oh the memories! I will never forget them. My Momma was not only my mother but my friend. She and I could talk for hours and never tire. I miss her phone calls so much. Some days are harder than others. When something important happens, I think 'I need to call Momma' only to realize that is no longer possible. Today as I visit Marion I am sure the conversation will turn to my Momma because she always asks me how she is doing. Sometimes Marion's dementia is hard to handle when the questions come repeatedly but I am thankful God put her in my life. I also am thankful God kept my Momma's brain sharp for the most part of her ninety-two years. She was getting more forgetful when she left this earth but she still had mostly a clear mind. That was a gift to both her and those who love her. This week as people go to the festivities at Orr Park life will be different without my Momma sitting on the porch waving as they go by. As people gather Saturday night for the fireworks it will be the first year in eighteen years the McHenry's won't have their yard open for spectators. Another change in life that is part of the cycle of life yet not easy to live through. I am so thankful God is my strength through such times. I am thankful He put Doug in my life to not only get through the 'tough' days but to glorify Him through them. I am thankful for the rich upbringing of godly parents who showed me how to live trusting God through difficult times. Plain and simple. I am thankful. This morning I woke to these words from the song "Honey In The Rock" and feeling blessed....

There’s honey in the rock, water in the stone
Manna on the ground no matter where I go
I don’t need to worry now that I know
All that I need
There is honey in the rock


Woo hoo! Yes! We all know honey does not come out of rocks yet when we believe nothing is impossible with God, we will realize such blessings. God provides exactly what we need. He knows the desires of our hearts and when they align with His will we will receive them. When I think of the process it takes to get honey, I am amazed at the parallels to Jesus. God created the bee just as He created Jesus. Honey is collected by bees from flowers. The sweetness of the honey is parallel to the sweetness of Christ. He uses bees to not only pollinate flowers which helps grow crops for us to eat but also to show us how He can use His creation for His glory. He uses each bee in a colony to do a specific job just as He uses us on this earth to do different things. Even with deformity's in our bodies He will use us as we allow Him. I was reading an article about how people question the bumblebee's ability to fly because of them being so large with small wings. Not only did God create them that way but He gave them the ability to fly. He gives us the ability to live for Him even when we struggle with physical issues. We are created in His image so we can live as He desires. Another interesting fact in the bee article is they have to be born twice before they can fly. After a queen lays an egg, the drone feeds it after it hatches. Then the worker bee seals it in a chamber where metamorphosis occurs. When transformation is done, it is 'born-again' as a new creature. We humans must be 'born-again' to live eternally with God. We know honey comes from bees and not rocks. We also know nothing is impossible when God is in it. Therefore, we must remember to be ready for God to do miraculous things in our life. We never know how He is going to provide yet He always does. He provides for our physical, mental, emotional, financial, relational, and most of all our spiritual needs. All we must do is trust Him as He guides us through life. Ligertwood wrote of the true meaning behind this song. 

Therefore, this is the true meaning of the lyrics inside honey in the rock: we have full confidence in God’s plan for us, and we know that he always protects us, whatever happens, wherever we go. And even when we feel lost and see only rocks around us, we know that he will give us his sweet love. Even if you have to put honey in the rock.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Doug and I getting a lot accomplished, my pain being less, and our time with Billy, Sierra, and the kids last night! Thank You for the blessings ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Dan who started chemo yesterday; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his pathology report; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I praise You for Audrey's good report! Thank You for being My Rock! Amen. 

No comments: