Sunday, July 2, 2023

Psalm 61 - "Goodness of God"

God took me to Psalm 61 this morning. This Psalm has the common theme of David beginning his writing with lamenting and ending it with praises. That is how it is so many times in my own life. I begin 'complaining' and soon realize just how good God has been to me. Some days are harder than others. Some days you feel beat up with the circumstances of life and just want to give up. I know that is not the answer but it still can be challenging to continue on without complaining. I was exhausted yesterday from the week of Family Camp. I woke up tired which is not a good thing. After running errands and getting things ready for company for dinner I laid down to rest. Two hours later when Doug woke me I felt refreshed. He blessed me in abundance with getting chairs out, table cleared off, etc. while I was sleeping. I am so thankful to have him in my life. I was thinking how this past week was full of emotions and he was there to support me. Selling the Ohio property, presenting morning devotions one morning at Family Camp, buying a cabin, counseling a few times, etc. all brought about different emotions. As I prepared dinner last night the tears flowed. Doug asked if I were ok and I blubbered a bit. Fourth of July was one of Momma's favorite holidays. She loved people coming over to watch the fireworks. They would gather for a meal and spend the evening together. Last year I was in town for Rickey's service so I was able to be with her. She was no longer able to cook much so I got things done. When my Daddy were still alive, they loved cooking together. Doug told me yesterday to think of funny things she did when I feel sad. I sure do miss her and my Daddy. Life will never be the same again but I know it is all a part of the cycle of life. Verse one of this Psalm reminds me God hears my cries and sees my tears. He knows the hurts of my heart and is there to love me through 'tough' times. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of the words to "Goodness of God" this morning and feeling very blessed...

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug who loves me well! Thank You for our time with Kevin, Amy, and the kids last night! What a wonderful family! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people hear/see You through my words, actions, attitude and thoughts. I pray for pastors who will be in the pulpit today to preach what You so desire of all of us. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his pathology report; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan; the Long family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.

No comments: