Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "I Will Never Be The Same Again"


Yesterday I heard of friends who lost friends to deaths. Immediately I prayed for my friends to be comforted. It seems like there are seasons of life with more deaths than 'normal' which makes is hard. I also prayed for the families of those who passed. I know myself the time of the death of a loved one is difficult to get through. I also know special dates with loved ones such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. are also difficult. We know we all have a birth certificate and will all have a death certificate but it doesn't make it any easier with the death of someone special in our life. I remember hearing something about our birth and death dates are not near as important as what we do in the dash between them on our gravestone. That dash includes failures and victories. It includes good and bad memories. If we were to reflect back on our life, there would be times we would smile and there would be times we would cry. I am thankful my God is a forgiving God who loves us through every day of our life. He is there to cheer us on to make right decisions and to love us through wrong ones. I do not like to disappoint God yet I know there are times I do. That saddens my heart. I woke this morning with the song "I Will Never Be The Same Again" and thought about these words...

There are higher heights, there are deeper seas,
Whatever you need to do, Lord do in me.
The Glory of God fills my life,
And I will never be the same again.

Yes! God is there to fill us as we allow Him. He is there to pick us up when we fall and to love us through 'dark' times. Sometimes such times are because of decisions we or others make, the death of a loved one, illness or pain, etc. There are a variety of things to pull us into 'dark' times but we must remember God loves us and wants to fill us so we are empowered by the Holy Spirit to do whatever He desires. I am reminded of Philippians 4:13 this morning. This verse was given to me thirty plus years ago to cling to during my MS diagnosis. In the beginning I thought God was telling me to lean into Him for physical strength but soon realized it was strength for every aspect of life. Physical, mental, emotional, relational, financial, and most of all spiritual. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day of life ahead! Thank You for Doug's visit with Ms Paula and Jack and my visit with Marion yesterday! Thank You for our fun time at the gathering at Andy's last night! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for Pastor Cait and all going to Nazarene Youth Conference to have changed lives. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Dan who started chemo yesterday; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his pathology report; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I praise You for Audrey's good report! Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen. 

No comments: