Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Psalm 25; Hebrews 8:12 - "The More I Seek You"

The Lord took me to Psalm 25 this morning to ponder upon. David speaks in the first part about trusting God. Verse four reads in the New Living TranslationShow me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. David knew the way to live the right kind of life was to live for God. He also knew no matter what happened in life God was there for him. He allowed God to not only lead him through trials of life but to teach him lessons in the process. This gave David hope (vs 5). We have the same opportunity David had with God. We can allow Him to lead us or we can do things on our own. We can learn from His discipline or we can continue making the same 'bad' decisions. As we live in a 24/7 relationship with God we have hope of eternal life with Him. David shows us in Psalm 25 there is freedom to receive while on this earth so we can experience freedom in heaven. He knew he needed to strive to be pure on this earth to experience heaven. No one is pure 24/7. That is why it is important to confess our sins and ask for a cleansing of our spirit. Verse eighteen shows how David approached God. It reads: Feel my pain and see my trouble. Forgive all my sins. This shows the dependence David had on God. David was honest with not only God but also with himself. Throughout this Psalm David recognizes God's attributes. He reiterated God being good in verse eight,  faithful in verse ten, and our friend and teacher in verse fourteen. In verses six and seven David reminds God of the compassion and unfailing love He had shown him in the past. David asks God to not only show mercy on his sins but to forget them. The greatest thing about a relationship with God is knowing that is exactly what He does. When we confess our sins and repent, He is there to forgive and forget. I am reminded of a verse I shared in a sermon a couple weeks ago about how God forgives and forgets. It is found in Hebrews 8:12. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” Sacrifices must be made for atonement of sin in the Old Testament. In the New Testament Jesus is the ultimate atonement for our sins. Praise His Holy Name. Yesterday morning and throughout the day I found myself singing "The More I Seek You" and feeling blessed. Once again this morning this song is in my heart. The hurts of life are bearable when we put Jesus first. The traumas of life are easier to handle when we try to not handle them on our own strength. 

The more I seek you
The more I find you
The more I find you
The more I love you
I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, its more than I can stand
I melt in your peace, its overwhelming

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the projects Doug and I completed! I am so excited to see Jack and Ann today! Thank You for this blessing! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as he starts treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for Sue Wolfe as she adjusts to her first days of being a widow. Thank You for being My Ultimate Atonement! Amen. 

No comments: