Friday, July 28, 2023

I Peter 2:9 - "I'm So Blessed"

God continues to bless us over and over again. We came to the cabin to fix/replace the AC that wouldn't turn on for the nurse. It felt cool when we walked in and the AC was on! When the AC wouldn't work, they moved the nurse to a different cabin so it wasn't even used. No explanation other than 'but God'! Woo hoo! Instead of this being a trip of going to Lowe's, working on the cabin, etc. we were able to relax in the pool last evening. Another woo hoo! This place has a relaxing effect on me. I sure didn't want to get up this morning but after sleeping a solid nine hours knew I should. Another woo hoo! God is so good on our 'good' days and on our 'tough' days. He is good no matter what is happening in life. I am reminded of the song "I'm So Blessed" this morning...

On my best day

I'm a child of God'

On my worst day

I'm a child of God

Everyday is a good day

You're the reason why


This is something we all need to remember. The other night in Bible study I read from I Peter 2:9. This verse reminds us we are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession... We are special because we are children of God. We are blessed through our relationship with Him. Last night I started feeling crabby because we got only a glimpse of the sunset. I wanted to take pictures of the fiery ball in the sky but that didn't happen. On the way back to the cabin the sky was gorgeous and blessed me in abundance. Another woo hoo in my day!


Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with safe travels, the AC working, time in the pool with Doug, and the sunset! Thank You for having internet here at the cabin! Thank You for the reminders of I Peter 2:9! "I'm So Blessed" truly is my life story! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray blessings over many going through what seems like their 'worst' days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as he starts treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. Thank You for being The One Who Chose Me! Amen. 


No comments: