Sunday, July 23, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "Big God"

Yesterday was one of those days when you have are reminded you have a disease like MS. Having to take multiple 'hippy hippy shake' pills makes me sad. I am grateful for Doug who reminded me there are people who have worse things and we need to be thankful medication helps. I think it is harder psychologically than it is in the physical aspect. When I have days like yesterday, I always wonder if the disease is progressing. This last week there have been a few days of taking extra pills. I reflect on what was happening, what I could have done differently, etc. Stress and being overly tired are normal culprits to cause such days. Yesterday afternoon and evening were spent resting so hopefully that will get things back into 'normalcy.' God reminded me of Paul's words in Philippians 4:13 that He gave me thirty plus years ago when MS hit me. His strength is available for everything I need. Physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, relationally, and most of all spiritually. Praise His Holy Name! I am so grateful for each and every time He has strengthened me. I am grateful for His love that fills me when my tank is low. I am grateful for His encouragment when I am discouraged. I am grateful for the people He puts in my path to get me through such days. Today is a new day. I praise God for it being Sunday which is my favorite day of the week. I praise Him for these last three months of marriage to my precious husband. I am reminded this morning of the song called "Big God"...

Under fire
But My Goliaths
Standing in the shadow of the Almighty
I ain't lying (no no)
Just testifying (come on girl)
Man I'm talking bout a Big God, Big God
When trouble comes around the way
Only remedy for big odds is a Big God
Ain't nobody gonna shake my faith
No I'm not afraid
Throw my hands up in praise
For the times that He pulled me through
I'm counting on Big God
That they can't stop (Big God)
He's a Big God

Yes! My God is a "Big God" and He fuels me with the strength to fight the 'giants' in this world. MS, people who speak ill against me, obstacles the enemy puts in my path, etc. are nothing compared to my God. He is greater than any of those things. When they come before, I can stand in His strength knowing He has everything under control. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug caring for me so well! Thank You for conversations with Ben as we plan their trip! Thank You for every pastor I prayed for before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning! May we all be in Your presence so we will follow Your direction as we preach. I pray Your strength over many going through tough days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as he starts treatments; Dan; the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam. I pray for Sue Wolfe as she adjusts to her first days of being a widow. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: