Friday, July 1, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11-3; 33:1-9 - "Know You Will"

The Lord took me to ponder upon Jeremiah 33:3 this morning. This was the verse He gave me a few weeks ago at Family Camp. It is a verse of hope which has been the theme He has me pondering upon this week. Jeremiah was 'contained' at the time the Lord spoke these words over him. The Lord encouraged him to call upon Him. The promise of being told new things was given to Jeremiah. In my pondering upon this verse I thought about how I am not 'contained' yet am I? Is there anything in my life that needs restored from these last few years of loss and pain? Is there anything I have yet to give to God in my life? Is there anything I am doing in life that does not put a smile on His face? The more I ponder upon this verse the more questions come to my mind. I desire to live as the Lord desires of me. I know that cannot happen if there is anything between me and Him. I also know that cannot happened if I am not in relationship with Him where I not only hear His voice but desire to walk in obedience to Him. Jeremiah prayed and heard from the Lord. That is the desire of my heart. He knew there was a lot of turmoil in the land and He asked God to give him a message of hope for the people. I think about how Jeremiah's story at this time parallels today. There is much turmoil yet when we have God we have hope. Things may not change on this earth but when we live in relationship with Him we have hope in eternal life. When the storm clouds start brewing, God is there to see us through. When we feel alone, He is there to love us through such times. I am so grateful for the way He encourages me. This morning He reminded me of the song "Know You Will" which blesses me in abundance.

When I see a flood You see a promise
When I see a grave You see a door
And when I'm at my end
You see where the future starts

I don't know how You make a way
But I know You will

Yes! He will make a way for us no matter what we go through in life. That is a promise He has kept over and over again for me. Praise His Holy Name! Verses six through nine of Jeremiah 33 as ones to give hope in the midst of the storms of life. They are ones to encourage me to not give up. There are blessings to be received. All I have to do is stay focused on Him and allow Him to work in and through me. Jeremiah 29:11-13 read in the New International Version: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. These words from the Lord say all we need to do. Once again prayer is key to living with Him. It is the constant communication that allows us to be the people He has called us to be. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the blessing of being here with my Momma! Thank You for speaking to me as I walked around town yesterday! You are such a good, good Daddy. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May the day ahead be filled with blessings for You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray continued healing over Beth from her eye surgery yesterday, Serena's husband in ICU, Caroline from her surgery, and Carol and Jo Ann with dental procedures. I pray for: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, the Tussing Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. Thank You for being My Everlasting Hope! Amen. 

No comments: