Monday, July 4, 2022

Psalm 150 - "Brighter Days"

Yesterday was an emotional day from start to finish. I woke up with the Facebook memory of last July 3 when my Rickey was visiting in South Carolina. I told God I know we aren't suppose to wish our life away but I wanted the day to just be over. As I prepared to leave for his Celebration of Life gathering I felt like I was falling apart. I asked for prayer from friends and thankfully received God's peace to not just get through the time but to be blessed through it. I was so blessed when Anna, Michael, and Matthew asked me to read Psalm 150 and pray before we started the meal. This was the Psalm the Chaplain read to Rickey before he left this earth. It was so appropriate for him being a musician. On the drive back to Momma's the tears flowed freely. When I drove by his house, my heart ached. Death is something we do not understand but there is one thing for sure when we know the Lord. Death is not the end even though our time on earth is over we continue to live when we know the Lord. Yesterday Michael shared how Rickey's last words to him were, 'It's going to be OK.' Michael sensed at that time it was not going to be OK. We all feared the worst when he was taken to the hospital. It was the 'worst' for us but not for him. I am so grateful to know he is with Jesus but I do miss him. I miss talking with him, the way he cared about and encouraged me, etc. But most of all I miss the laughter he brought into my life. While waiting for the fireworks last night I played euchre with Momma, Tom, and Cheryl and there was a lot of laughter. It was the perfect way to spend the evening of such an emotional day. Watching my Momma enjoy having company in for a meal before the fireworks was priceless. She keeps saying she doesn't know why she is still here at ninety-one years old. None of us know when our last breath will be taken on this earth but we have hope in Him that we will live for eternity as we live for Him on this earth. Another emotional aspect of yesterday was the death of a dear friend. I am thankful for Facebook that kept us connected after we moved. Some days are just so much harder to get through than others. On the way back to Momma's the song "Brighter Days" came on the radio and blessed me in abundance.

I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I swear that love will find you in your pain
I feel it in me like the beating of life in my veins
I know there's gonna be some brighter days

I don't know what God has ahead for me but I know He knows and that is all that matters. I am so thankful to have Him in control of my life. I also am thankful for the way He took away my need to have a daily, weekly, and monthly list. He knew I needed to be ready for whatever He desires me to do. Living in this manner is where His blessings are experienced to the fullest. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the healing that occurred at Rickey's Celebration of Life gathering! He was always so proud of Anna, Michael, and Matthew and they blessed me in abundance yesterday. I am so thankful to get to meet more of his family. I felt their love so much. I also am thankful for the time Momma had last night with people coming to eat before the fireworks. What a blessing to be here to help her. Thank You for the time of laughter around the table playing cards with Tom and Cheryl! Thank You for providing exactly what was needed for the end of such an emotional day! Today is a new day that I pray will be exactly how You desire it to be in my life. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days especially Tony and the family with Deb's death. I also pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Jo Ann; Beth; Carol; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, the Tussing Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. Thank You for being My Brighter Day Maker! Amen. 

No comments: