Friday, July 8, 2022

Isaiah 61; John 10:10 - "I Am Yours"

I woke up this morning with the song "I Am Yours" going through my mind and was immediately blessed in the knowledge God provides exactly what I need. When I am physically exhausted, He is here to empower me to continue on with what He desires. The song has a part that goes...

If I had to write a story
Of the greatest love in time
I would have to sing of you
How I'm this branch and you're the vine
And the romance that we have, oh, it's easy by design
I was fortunate to find you, I'm still blown away you're mine

'Cause I am yours
And you will always be mine
It seems like madness, I'm invited
To the table by your side

My story is full of His love, mercy, and grace. It is full of how He took my brokenness and made something new and beautiful. The Lord took me to Isaiah 61 this morning. As I pondered upon the first few verses I thought about all the times I could have fell apart yet God was my strength through some 'tough' situations. There have been many times of mourning where God empowered me to put on a garment of praise (NIV). There were many times where I felt like I could not continue on due to the hurts of life yet God was always there to turn beauty for ashes. I am so thankful for the supernatural strength God provides when my human strength is gone. Isaiah spoke of oaks of righteousness representing people who are strong in the Lord. The Israelites were involved in many battles just as we are today. When the Israelites entered the wilderness, they were looking for the Promised Land. Our journey today can be a bit of a wilderness but when we stand in the knowledge that God is our Heavenly Father we have the Promised Land of eternity in our site. The key is allowing Him to live in and through us. We cannot allow the enemy an open door into our life. If we do, he will destroy us. John 10:10 reads, The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it more abundantly. Many times over these last few years the enemy has come knocking at my door. He has tried to convince me I cannot do what God desires of me. I am so grateful for the way God encourages me through such times. I love these words in Isaiah that remind me there is freedom in a life with Christ. This gives me hope. I love the word picture given in verse three. ...to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. Woo hoo! When we allow the Lord to do these things for us, we will stand as oaks of righteousness no matter what comes our way. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all accomplished yesterday and for all that is ahead today! Thank You for: Cait, Nancy, Carol, Paula, Jeff, Leslie, and Tim who helped yesterday to get ready for tonight! I pray blessings over Clay and Jo Ann as they prepare to take their vows this evening. Thank You for their love for You that brought them to this place in their lives! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Lord, I'm so tired and pray for clarity so I do not miss anything You have for me. May You put on a garment of praise in my spirit so I can stand as an oak of righteousness for You. I pray for many going through difficult days to have Your empowerment over their situation. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Tammie; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. May Your presence be felt by those who have recently lost loved ones. Gordan and Nicole and their families. Thank You for being My Garment of Praise! Amen.  

No comments: