Thursday, July 7, 2022

Hebrews 8:10 - "Hills and Valleys"


Last night in Bible study Hebrews 8:10 stuck out to me. It shows what relationship with God is all about. The new covenant made with people is one of having a personal experience with God. The old covenant was legalistic where the new covenant was one that made God more real than ever before. There is not longer a need for sacrifice because Jesus is the Ultimate Sacrifice. When we allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us, we will experience a relationship with God unlike any other relationship we will ever be in. It is a relationship of hope as we trust Him. It is a relationship of love no matter what we do in life. It is a relationship of that leads to eternal life with our Heavenly Father. I do not desire to live in any other way than with Him. I desire to walk in obedience to His will. I know there are times I mess up or I miss opportunities He puts before me but I also know His grace is there for me at all time. I am reminded this morning of the song "Hills and Valleys" and am blessed.

I've walked among the shadows
You wiped my tears away
And I've felt the pain of heartbreak
And I've seen the brighter days
And I've prayed prayers to heaven from my lowest place
And I have held the blessings
God, You give and take away

No matter what I have, Your grace is enough
No matter where I am, I'm standing in Your love


Yes! His grace is all I need no matter if I am on the mountaintop or in a valley in life. I know no matter what happens in life God is with me. I also know I must work to stay in relationship with Him so I not only hear His voice but desire to walk in obedience to Him. Last night Andy mentioned in Bible study that we have to be in the right mindset to hear from God. This is so true. Sometimes we get caught up in the busyness of life that we miss His voice. I had an experience last night where I almost missed something He said to me because of being 'busy' and so, so tired. Praise God I did not miss it. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the love, mercy, and grace that You shower down upon me every day of my life! Thank You for the promise of eternal life when I live in relationship with You! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of Yourself! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May I not become too busy or too tired to be the woman You desire me to be. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Jo Ann; Beth; Carol; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. May Your presence be felt by those who have recently lost loved ones. Gordan and his family, Nicole and her family, and the Steiner family. I praise You for Patti having favorable scan results and for all that has been accomplished to get ready for the wedding tomorrow. Thank You for being My Ultimate Sacrifice! Amen.  

No comments: