Sunday, July 17, 2022

Romans 15:13 - "For All My Life"


Life has been anything but 'normal' this week. There has been more days of resting than anything else. The one 'normal' thing was my typical Saturday night prayers for pastors. I prayed for my NCO friends who had District Assembly/Family Camp this week along with my SC friends who have District Assembly tonight and tomorrow. I prayed for those who were/will be ordained along with all the pastors who posted pictures of being ordained over the years. I prayed for each one of us to remember the call God put on our life. There are days when I question if I am capable of fulfilling His call but then He reminds me He is my source of hope as Paul wrote of in Romans 15. When the enemy comes knocking at my door and tries to tell me I am not good enough, God is here to encourage me. When people's words tear me down, God is there to build me back up. When life is 'hard' and it feels like everything is going wrong, God is there to love me through such times. I am so thankful for my relationship with Him. I am grateful He wraps His arms around me when I feel like I am falling apart. He is here with me at all time and for that I am grateful. Before going to sleep, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for some pastors going through difficult times with their church. I prayed: against the enemy having his way in their situations; for protection over them and their family; and for God to be glorified through everything that happens. I also prayed for pastors on sabbatical to be renewed and refreshed in their spirit. This morning I am reminded of the song "For All My Life"....

Some days are long, some work is tough
Whatever I lack You make it up
Your yoke is easy, Your burden is light
You gave me life, You give me love
Whenever I’m dry You fill my cup
Your yoke is easy, Your burden is light

I won’t lean on
My own
Understanding
I will let go
Follow
Empty handed
You said Your yoke is easy
You said Your burden’s light
So I’ll let You
Lead me
For all my life

Yes! God does not set us up to fail but instead puts situations before us to grow our faith. I am so thankful for the knowledge that He is with me at all time. His strength and peace are mine as I allow Him to work in and through me. Praise His Holy Name! I have nothing to fear but instead can stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit at all time.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the ways You love on me through people, Scripture, music, etc.! Thank You for the peace You give as I allow You to be Who You desire to be in my life! As I prayed last night before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning for pastors You revealed some situations to me that needed special prayer. May You be so close to those You brought before me. May they feel Your loving arms wrapped around them in these difficult days. May we all take tough situations and allow You to be glorified through them. I pray that for many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for healing for Pastor Ted! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. Father, I need an extra dose of Your supernatural strength to not just get through today and tomorrow but to glorify You through them. Thank You for Mike and Kenny who helped me yesterday! What a blessing my church family is to me! Thank You for being My Life! Amen.  

No comments: