Sunday, July 31, 2022

Psalm 37:4 - "Holy Spirit Come"

I woke up with the words to "Holy Spirit Come" on my mind. This is what I pray for every day in my personal life, It is also the mindset I pray for people to have as they gather for corporate worship.

I’m coming with a heart of worship
I’m bringing in a brand new song
I’m ready to see the unthinkable
I’m ready for a miracle
Hearts praying for a fresh encounter
Souls looking to the living God
I’m ready for a real revival
O Holy Spirit come

Living a life with expectation of what the Holy Spirit will do in your life is a life that is exciting and rewarding. It is a life with great joys even in the midst of tragedies. It is a life when things don't go as planned it is ok or when they go better than planned it is fabulous. Yesterday was a perfect example of God blessing me. No set plans other than watching a couple little guys for the evening. It ended up with after getting my hair trimmed (which I was blessed with having a discount prepaid card for) there was a yummy grits breakfast bowl at Beedo's and being out in God's creation to see all kinds of beauty. It was a 'perfect' kind of day. God blessed me in abundance with seeing a new beach area along with one I normally go to. It was a perfect pre-birthday kickoff celebration kind of day! Last night as I prayed for pastors before falling asleep God had me pray for ones discouraged to allow Him to fill their spiritual tanks. During the night when He awaken me to pray it was for pastors recuperating from COVID to have restored health. This morning He has me praying for people who are contemplating going to church to not allow the enemy to keep them away. He has me praying against the excuses the enemy is giving them to not go to church. He reminded me last evening of Psalm 37:4 and blessed me once again. We normally think of the word 'delight' as meaning being happy. In the Hebrew language it also has the meaning of 'to be soft, tender.' When we are 'soft and tender' toward God we are pliable in His hands. We are people who are willing to do whatever He puts before us. I like to think I am this type of person. I know I fail at times but for the most part I strive to allow God to be Who He desires to be in my life so I can be the godly woman He has called me to be. I am committed to His ways. I trust Him with all that I am and allow His wisdom to come down over me. As I live such a life I experience His peace and blessings in abundance. Each day when I wake up I pray for Him to cleanse me. I do not want to miss anything He has for me. As I look at each day I see what is on the schedule but I also pray for Him to give me more opportunities to love with His love. I pray for my focus to not be taken off of Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the beautiful day You provided yesterday with perfect weather, a fun time getting out in Your nature, and for Andy taking time out of his busy schedule to kick-off my birthday celebration! Thank You for my time with two of my little guys last night that filled up my emotional tank with lots of snuggles and 'I love you Ms Sheila!' You are so good at providing exactly what I need! Father, You had me pray before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning for pastors and churches. I pray all will experience Your presence in their services today. I pray for the Holy Spirit to flow freely. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so I do not miss anything You have for me today. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Simone; Cyndi; Tammie; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in a motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray continued healing for Kim, Rick, Pastor Ted, Cindy, and Justin Hillman as they recuperate from surgeries. May You be so close to the Nead Family and Melinda with the loss in their families. I also pray protection over Donna's grandmother and others evacuated in Kentucky floods. Thank You for being My Blessing Maker! Amen.

No comments: