Sunday, July 3, 2022

I Peter 1 - "One Thing Remains"

God woke me throughout the night to pray for pastors. Each time I woke I had the song "One Thing Remains" going through my mind. God's love is always with us no matter what. When we walk away, He does not turn away from us but instead is ready with open arms. When life is 'tough' and we feel like we cannot go on, His love is greater than the hurts of life. When we do not understand what is happening in our life, His love is there to get us through. I am so thankful for His love that empowers me in the 'good' days and in the 'tough' days. I am thankful for the way He uses songs and Scripture to encourage me. He took me to I Peter 1 this morning to ponder upon. Verses three through nine read in the New International Version

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Praise the Lord for Him being our Living Hope! Woo hoo! Verse two tells us when we live in the hope of Christ we will receive His grace and peace. There is no better place to live. God loves us so much that He sacrificed His Son for us. That is a love that is incomparable to any other kind of love. The chapter continues speaking of holiness. We must go beyond salvation and live a life 'sold-out' to Him. Then, and only then, will we be living as He desires. That is exactly how I desire to live. I want Him to look down on me with a smile on His face. I want Him to be a proud Daddy. I know I do not always fulfill His wishes but I also know the more I strive to do so the more I will accomplish what He desires.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the reminders from I Peter 1 and the song "One Thing Remains." Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the blessing of praying for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning! Thank You for Pastor Lindsay who is filling the pulpit for me today!  Thank You for another day of life! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You shine brightly through me in the day ahead. When the enemy comes knocking, I pray for Your empowerment over him. I pray for many going through difficult days to have Your empowerment. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Jo Ann; Beth; Carol; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, the Tussing Family, Vickie's son Jim, my friend's family as she appears to be in her 'last hours,' and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. Thank You for being My Living Hope! Amen. 

No comments: