Friday, July 15, 2022

Ephesians 3 - "Drops In The Ocean"


The words to the song "Drops In The Ocean" were with me every time I was awake during the night. I love the word picture this song gives. The ocean is vast and God's love is even more so. His love is with us through the ups and downs of life. He loves us no matter what we do or say. His love stays with us even when we do not do as He desires. He never quits loving us. That is great knowledge to have in life. It is comforting to know we can't mess up more than His love. The song goes...

If you wanna know
How far my love can go
Just how deep, just how wide
If you wanna see
How much you mean to me
Look at my hands, look at my side
If you could count the times I'd say you are forgiven
It's more than the drops in the ocean

Paul's last words in Ephesians 3 are a prayer for the Ephesians. It reads in the NIV:

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. 

Praise His Holy Name for being rooted and established in love. I am so grateful for Who God is in my life. I am grateful for not only His love but His grace. These verses bring peace into my life when many times there is chaos. They bring joy in the difficult times of life. They empower me to focus on Him no matter what is happening. I do not have to understand everything about God but the more I seek Him the more He will reveal to me. I continue to seek what Jeremiah 33:3 means for my life. I am grateful for the way God speaks to me as I walk in obedience to His will. Matthew Henry writes of Ephesians 3:

How desirable to have a fixed sense of the love of God in Christ to our souls! How powerfully the apostle speaks of the love of Christ! The breadth shows its extent to all nations and ranks; the length, that it continues from everlasting to everlasting; the depth, its saving those who are sunk into the depths of sin and misery; the height, its raising them up to heavenly happiness and glory. Those who receive grace for grace from Christ's fulness, may be said to be filled with the fulness of God. Should not this satisfy man? Must he needs fill himself with a thousand trifles, fancying thereby to complete his happiness?

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love You pour out over me every day! Thank You for the way You love me through people, Scripture, music, and circumstances! Thank You for another day of life that is ahead! I pray for continued healing in my body so I can function normally once again. I pray for a cleansing in my soul so I can be who You have called me to be. I pray for Your peace in my spirit. I pray peace for many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; and a lady whose breast cancer has returned. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Pastor Ted having successful surgery! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.  

No comments: