Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Ephesians 3 - "In Jesus Name"



I woke up this morning with a song Katy Nichole sings called "In Jesus" Name" going through my mind. My prayer list continues to grow with people with physical issues such as diseases, accidents, and many awaiting test results. It recently has grown so much with those needing emotional healing. There are so many dealing with anxiety and fear. My heart breaks for all no matter if their needs are physical, mental, emotional, or financial. Most of all it breaks for those with spiritual needs. We all need prayer to draw closer to God. Everyone needs to allow God to be Who He desires to be in their life. We can never have enough of Him. Every day is a challenge to not allow the world to take over our life. The enemy works over time to tear us away from God. He works through people and circumstances. This song is my prayer for myself and for many others...

I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change 
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus name 
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today 
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus name 
In Jesus name 


Yes! A breakthrough is what is needed when life is overwhelming. We can only find a breakthrough when we seek more of Jesus in our life. God took me to Ephesians 3 this morning to ponder upon. I relate to the beginning of this chapter as Paul speaks of the trials he has gone through in life. My life has been full of times when I could not have survived without the Lord. I am so thankful for His love, mercy, and grace He gives me every day. The last section of Ephesians is a prayer of blessings over the Ephesians. He prays blessings for God's strength to be theirs. Matthew Henry writes:

He asks for spiritual blessings, which are the best blessings. Strength from the Spirit of God in the inner man; strength in the soul; the strength of faith, to serve God, and to do our duty. If the law of Christ is written in our hearts, and the love of Christ is shed abroad there, then Christ dwells there. Where his Spirit dwells, there he dwells. 

God's love is greater than anything we go through in life. It is greater than the hurts of life as we allow Him to sooth us through such times. The key is we must allow Him to be Who He desires in our life. We must die to self so He can live fully in us. That does not mean the hurts will necessarily go away. It means God will be our strength to get us through such times. My heart especially breaks to see believers hurting so deeply when they refuse to allow God to be their King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I pray I can touch more people with the knowledge of this concept. Many times I have been asked how I can endure all I have been through. I have a one word answer and that is 'Jesus!'

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace You shower upon me every day! Thank You for the continued healing in my body! Thank You for the privilege to pray with and for many! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for more of Your wisdom as I seek Your will for my life. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; and a lady whose breast cancer has returned. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.  



No comments: