Tuesday, July 19, 2022

II Corinthians 13:11 - "In Jesus Name"


Yesterday was such a blessed filled day from start to finish. Receiving the blessing of II Corinthians 13:11 over my colleague's and I when our pastors reports were shown was a highlight of my day. Another highlight was the fun and laughter I had with Cait, Carol, and Paula throughout the day. The evening service was emotional with having my first time singing in the elder's choir for the ordination service and being on stage to lay hands on those being ordained. The day ended with an uneventful drive back home. I praise His Holy Name for all the blessings of the day. I praise Him for emotions. The tears fell a few times throughout the day. Some were for joyous reasons while others were sad. They fell as I watched the video of my pastor's report. I wrote in my journal, "I wish Doc were her to see me give my first pastors report. Then I realized if we were here, I wouldn't be the pastor giving the report." Duh! LOL! They fell with joy as I watched Pastor Cait be recognized for being a new pastor on the district during the morning assembly and then when she received her first District license in the evening assembly. The tears came in abundance as I watched Pastor Glen Link receive recognition for retirement. My heart breaks for him as I know what it is like to have lost your partner in ministry. It was an emotional roller coaster of emotions throughout the day. What a blessing to have so many people come to me and tell me how proud they are of what I am doing in ministry. As Pastor Libby and I stood together on the stage to sing we reminisced about how last year was the year we stood on the stage for my ordination. I am surrounded by a great district family who loves on me well. I pray I do the same with them. I pray I will not miss any opportunity God puts before me to love on others. One of the songs the Impact Team did Sunday night was on my mind when I woke up. 

I speak the name of all authority
Declaring blessings, every promise
He is faithful to keep

Yes! I will speak blessings over all I meet. I will do my best to encourage people and love on them with the love of Jesus. Pastor Sam's blessing of II Corinthians 13:11 is one I want to speak over people. Paul's words to the Corinthians were ones that encouraged them to first of all be right with God (strive for full restoration). This is why every day I ask God to cleanse me so He can fill me. Paul continues with the suggestion they were to encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. This is exactly the type of life I strive to daily live. The more we strive to live in this manner the more we will realize God's love and peace. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the privilege to be Cait's pastor/mentor! Thank You for my great South Carolina District that loves on me well! I pray I do well at loving on them with Your love. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May Your love and peace ooze out of me in a mighty way. I pray Your love and peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Betty; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Tammie; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry!  Thank You for being My Authority! Amen.  

No comments: