Thursday, July 21, 2022

Psalm 37 - "Bulletproof"

God took me to one of my favorite verses this morning. Psalm 37:4. The word delight means to 'gain great pleasure, satisfaction, and happiness.' That is exactly how life is for me. I delight in all God does in and through me. I delight in the knowledge I am walking in obedience to His will. Monday night was like having whipped cream and a cherry on top of a sundae for me. Having the privilege to sing in the elder's choir for the first time and be one of the elders who laid hands on the ordinands was such a blessing. Pastor Libby mentioned about how last year we were up there for my ordination. Yes! Praise His Holy Name! Psalm 37 is one David wrote of praise and is full of wisdom for all. He shares of what we should and should not do in life. Verse three tells us to trust God and do what is right in His eyes. Verse five is a key verse that I pray for all to adhere to throughout their days on earth so they will spend eternity with Him. It is about surrendering all to Him. Give God the right to direct your life and as you trust him along the way, you’ll find he pulled it off perfectly!  Yes! David tells us in verse twenty-seven the recipe for the perfect life. If you truly want to dwell forever in God’s presence, forsake evil and do what is right in his eyes. The last verse encourages me to continue to strive to live a life of obedience to Him. Because of their faith in him, their daily portion will be a Father’s help and deliverance from evil. This is true for all who turn to hide themselves in him! Yes! There is one verse that some would have a problem with because they think purely of their life on this earth. The second part of verse thirty-seven reads: The godly ones will have a peaceful, prosperous future with a happy ending. Sometimes people stop in their thinking about just the things they go through on earth. They do not consider what is ahead after they leave here. A key word in this verse is peaceful. No matter what is happening in life God's peace is available to all who will accept it. His peace may not be understood but it is real. The happy ending David speaks of is eternity with our Lord. That should be the goal for all of us. This morning when I started the car the song "Bulletproof" was on the radio. There is a part of it that goes I got my armor now...No fear, no doubt can shoot me down, yea... Every day we need to start the day off by putting on the full armor of God. The enemy is alive and tries to tear us apart but our God is greater. He desires to be All we need to not only get through the 'tough' days but to glorify Him through them. Living such a life is full of blessings.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love on people and for the ones ahead today! Thank You for Psalm 37 that is full of wisdom and for this song that reminds me You are greater than anything the enemy tries to send my way! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You for protecting my Momma during the storms last night! Thank You for today's technology that I was able to talk Your peace over her! I pray Your peace over many. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Betty; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Tammie; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Justin Hillman, Vickie's son Jim, Pastor Ted, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Lord, be close to David's family as they mourn his death yet rejoice in knowing he is with You. I pray for the surgeons doing procedures for Kim and Rick to have Your wisdom. Thank You for being My Utmost Delight! Amen.

No comments: