Saturday, July 23, 2022

Lamentations 3:23-24 - "New Creation"


The Lord woke me this morning with a song Mac Powell sings called "New Creation" going through my mind. I thought about how today is a new day before me. The yesterdays are no longer and the tomorrows are ahead. The song goes...

You brought me blessings out of a tragedy
You turned my old song into a symphony
And with Your Spirit livin' inside of me
I'm a new creation, I'm a new creation

I praise God for second chances. I praise Him every day when I ask Him to cleanse me so He can fill me up with more of Himself He does. His love for us to so great. He uses 'tough' times in life to remind us of Who He is and Who He desires to be in us. The key is in the words And with Your Spirit livin' inside of me! The Holy Spirit empowers us to live as God desires. He gives us exactly what we need to accomplish the things God puts before us that seem impossible. I cannot even begin to imagine not living with Him in control of my life. I was resting yesterday afternoon in between things in the schedule and thought about how much He loves me. This week has been an emotional week. There have been mountains and valleys. There have been times where I thought I would burst with His love. It just amazes me the ways His love is shown to me through others, music, Scripture, etc. As I was driving home last night I thought about the beautiful sunsets I have experienced of late. Unfortunately, the weather was not conducive to one last night so I came on home. The thunder was rumbling in the distance and before getting into the house there were drops of rain falling. Within a short time there was another storm. It seems like here of late we have a storm every day. It was so weird yesterday with the sun shining, the rain pouring, and the thunder and lightning at the same time. It seems like the weather patterns have become so weird. Throughout the night the storms continued for several hours. I woke up once due to the brightness of the lighting shining into the bedroom. I am so thankful I am not fearful of storms. As I listened and watched last night I prayed for the homeless who are out in all sorts of weather. I prayed for the police and fire who deal with calls related to the storms along with the power company employees. I prayed for my friend Sharry whose house was hit by lightning this week. I thanked God for protecting all of them and asked Him to be glorified in all situations. I am so thankful I can praise Him through the storms of life. I have confidence He is with me throughout each and every day. Praise His Holy Name! I do not know what is ahead today. I know a couple things on the calendar but am thankful to be open to whatever He desires of me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my visits with Cait, Sierra, Mitch, Andy, and Nicholas! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through me. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Betty; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Tammie; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Justin Hillman, Vickie's son Jim, Pastor Ted, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for healing for Kim and Rick who both had surgery. Thank You for being My Eternal Hope! Amen.

No comments: