Saturday, July 2, 2022

Psalm 23 - "Good, Good Father"

 

Receiving news of a friend in 'her last hours' yesterday was tough. We never know when our last breath on this earth will be. When death is a prolonged one such as with disease, it is a 'relief' in a way because the suffering is no longer. But when death is sudden it seems to be so much harder to grasp. As her daughter said last night, 'it is hard to process.' My heart breaks for the family. The pastor in me wants to be with them to love them through this 'tough' time. I am thankful for today's technology that keeps me connected with people even with many miles between us. I am thankful for these last few days of making memories with Ben's family and my Momma. I am thankful for so much in my life but especially for my relationship with the Lord. I am grateful for the knowledge of where I will spend eternity as I continue to live for Him. He is such a Good, Good Father. I love the song Chris Tomlin sings...


You're a Good, Good Father
It's who You are, it's who You are, it's who You are
And I'm loved by You
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am


God loves me so much and blesses me in abundance as I strive to bless Him. His love pours down over me in 'good' times and 'tough' times. He loves me when I am doing things that please Him and when I am not. His love is greater than the hurts of life and for that I am so grateful. Psalm 23 was one I heard growing up spoke at many funerals. It was not until I became an adult that I realized it is not a Psalm just for deaths but for life. King David penned the Psalm to speak thanksgiving to his Heavenly Father. It is full of praises of God's guidance and love through difficult situations in life. When life is 'tough,' it can become hard to stay focused. It can be difficult to make decisions but our Good Shepherd is always there as we allow Him to be for us. I am so grateful for this knowledge.


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the memories made with my Momma yesterday and the ones that will be made in the day ahead! Thank You for Psalm 23 that reminds me You care, provide, and protect those who will allow You to do so! Thank You for "Good, Good Father" that reminds me of Who You are in my life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May the day ahead be filled with blessings for You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray continued healing over Beth, Serena's husband, Caroline, Carol, and Jo Ann. I pray for: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, the Tussing Family, Vickie's son Jim, my friend's family as she appears to be in her 'last hours,' and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. Thank You for being My Great Shepherd! Amen. 


No comments: