Friday, July 22, 2022

Psalm 17; Jeremiah 33:3 - "Brighter Days"



Yesterday was an ordinary day with nothing traumatic happening. By the end of the afternoon I had such a longing for something I miss greatly. I miss having a special someone to talk to, share my hopes and dreams with, etc. Loneliness can be a deterrent to the joy God has for me. It can take me down a spiral path of 'why me God?' questions. When I went out to get the mail, I was amazed at how God works. I know I shouldn't be amazed but He continues to provide exactly what I need. There was a card from my dear friends Mary and Ross that brought tears to my eyes. The card was one of encouragement of how I am special and how they wanted me to realize that. It is cards, texts, calls, etc. like this that help when the loneliness hits. It is people who listen to God and walk in obedience to what He nudges them to do that bless me in abundance. God knew I would need to receive such words yesterday days before when He told them to send it. I remember one time when I needed to go to see my Momma and the flight was $50 more than normal. I debated on spending the extra money and decided I needed to do some more praying. I went out to the mailbox and there was a check for $50 in it. When I told Mary about it, she said she wanted to send $100 but the Holy Spirit was adamant to send $50 so that is what she did. Wow, God! He is so awesome in the ways He loves us. He took me to Psalm 17 this morning to ponder upon. This Psalm is one David wrote when in agony. He was struggling with life and prayed for God to take care of him. I struggle with loneliness and pray for God to show me how to handle it. I catch myself filling up the calendar to stay busy so it doesn't bother me but then I only get tired and frustrated. I strive to live out God's will every day and will continue to do so. I want to put a smile on His face as He sees me loving with His love. I want Him to be proud of me. Psalm 17 shows David being in relationship with God and having confidence God would protect him from things/people that tried to harm him. Sometimes I feel like loneliness is tearing me apart and I have to remind myself God is always with me. He knows what is ahead, will not leave me, and will protect me from anything that tries to take my focus off of Him. I continue to wait on what is ahead with Him giving me Jeremiah 33:3. Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. He has some great things ahead for me. I am confident of that. I know He will reveal these things in His time. I must be still before Him and allow Him to continue to work in and through me. Until then I continue to pray Psalm 17:8 that He will hide me within the shelter of His embrace. I am reminded this morning of the song "Brighter Days" and thankful for the knowledge God is in control of the days ahead.

I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I swear that love will find you in your pain
I feel it in me like the beating of life in my veins
I know there's gonna be some brighter days

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for the encouragement You gave me through the card from Ross and Mary! Thank You for the laughter You provided last night with the Women Helping Women gathering! They truly helped me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Father, You know what is on the schedule today but I pray You will empower me to not miss anything You desire of me. May I shine brightly for You in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Betty; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Tammie; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Justin Hillman, Vickie's son Jim, Pastor Ted, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Lord, be close to David's family as they mourn his death yet rejoice in knowing he is with You. I pray for healing for Kim and Rick who both had surgery yesterday . Thank You for being My Brighter Days Maker! Amen.

No comments: