Saturday, July 16, 2022

Psalm 19 - "Everything I Do"


The Lord took me to Psalm 19 this morning and immediately I thought of the beautiful sunsets He gives us. This Psalm is one that reminds me of God's creativity. He created everything in a way that glorifies Himself. We are His creation that needs to glorify Him through not only our words but also our actions. This can be done by praising Him in the 'good' and the 'tough' days of life. The enemy does not like praises to our Heavenly Father. In fact, he will fight us more when we praise God. Spiritual warfare is real and hits us in a variety of ways. The thing we must remember is that God is greater than the enemy. When we allow God to be Who He desires in our life, we will be empowered to stand up to the enemy and be victorious. There is a statement in this week's sermon I knew but needed reminded. In the Christian life there are no victories that are not God’s. Woo hoo! Yes! Every victory we have in life is a result of His doing. I need to get better at thanking Him for each and every victory He gives me. Whether it be a small one or a big one. He is the responsible for each and every one. When we walk in obedience to Him, we will realize what He desires for us in a different way. His voice will not only be heard but we will have the desire to follow Him. I am so thankful for the relationship I have with Him. My heart breaks to see people struggle because they refuse to allow Him in their life. It also breaks for people 'riding the fence' with one foot with Him and the other living in the world. There is no better life to live than one with Him. Psalm 19 reminds me to keep His ways. His laws are perfect...statutes are trustworthy...precepts are right...commands are radiant...the fear of the Lord is pure...His decrees are firm. David asks God to empower him to not willfully sin. The more we seek God's will for our life the more we will receive His empowerment. The last verse of this Psalm is one I frequently send up to God. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. I am reminded of a song Rebecca St. James sings called "Everything I Do"...

Everything I do let it be in Your name
Let it be for Your glory let it be for You
Everything I say let it be in Your name
Let it be to Your glory let it be for Your sake

'Cause I want to please You in everything I do
I want the world to see You, when they look at me
I want the world to hear You in every word I speak
So let my words be Your words and my actions too

Yes! The desire of my heart is for everything I do, say, or think to be from Him. Living such a life becomes easier the more I do it. I remember years ago when I was living with one foot with Him and one with the world. It was not easy nor was it fun. I am so thankful for the day I finally surrendered everything to Him and allow Him to be my King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another day of rest as my body heals! Thank You for the card from Mary and Ross and for the texts/calls from many! Thank You for loving on my so greatly! Lord, I pray Psalm 19 over my life. May I remember to always put You first. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for healing for Pastor Ted! Thank You for being My Lord of Lords! Amen.  

No comments: