Monday, July 18, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "God's Not Done"

Oh my, I love how God works! I woke up this morning before the alarm went off with the song "God's Not Done" going through my mind. I took my shower and opened up my computer and Cait's phone went off with "God's Not Done" playing. Woo hoo, God! Confirmation is so sweet! Last night Pastor Sam gave a list of seven symptoms of a dying church. He asked pastors to come forward to be anointed if their church had even one of the symptoms. After being anointed I knelt at the altar and cried out to God to empower me to be a better pastor. I prayed for Him to show me my weaknesses as I lead the church. The tears flowed as I asked Him to use me as He so desired. Yesterday I shared in my sermon how there were times this week when I felt like a failure as a pastor. God continues to encourage me to not give up but instead to lean more into His strength. He encourages me to continue to seek more of Him every day. I am one blessed lady with the knowledge that...

God's not done with you
It's not over, it's only begun
So don't hide, don't run
'Cause God's not done
With you, you.
He's not done with you, you.
He's got a plan, this is part of it
He's gonna finish what He started
He's not done
God's not done writing your story
No, He's not done

Yes! My story is still being written by the best writer ever! God is the author of my story. He knows all the characters in it. He knows the setting of each and every aspect of my story. The conflict and the resolution is fully known by Him and no one else. As I listened to Pastor Sam last night I felt like he is a big part of my story. He was with us through Doc's cancer and death. He continues to support me through texts, phone calls, etc. He is a main character in my story. He is more than my 'boss' as he is my pastor. As he shared the Hebrew aspect of Jeremiah 29:11-13 I felt like I was listening to Doc preach. Doc lived out God's shalom even through the sixteen months of cancer. I remember Pastor Sam, Candy, and Zippy coming to visit us in Doc's last weeks on earth. After he passed Pastor Sam mentioned how we both had such a peace about us even in the midst of what we were going through. Yes! God's peace is perfect. It can only be realized when one surrenders themselves to the Lord. I am thankful for the time God gave me with Doc as my mentor. I am thankful for all I learned from him not only on how to be a good pastor but how to rely on God through life. The theme for District Assembly is 'Enduring Hope' and that is exactly what I live out every day. No matter what happens God's peace is upon me. No matter how many times the enemy tries to push me down and tell me I am not good enough God is there to lift me up. I am so thankful for Who God is in my life and look forward to the next chapter He has for me in my story. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for Pastor Sam's words last night! Thank You for the anointing upon me as a pastor! Thank You for Your shalom that continues to be upon me especially in the midst of the times the enemy comes knocking at my door! Thank You for LaNora and her servant heart that has served the South Carolina District for so many years! Thank You for laughter with Carol, Paula, and Cait! You are such a good provider of what I need. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May Your shalom be upon me in a mighty way today. I pray the same for many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Betty; Pastor Leslie; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for healing for Pastor Ted!  Thank You for being The Author of My Story! Amen.  

No comments: