Thursday, July 28, 2022

Psalm 8 - "Me On Your Mind"


I woke up this morning with the words to "Me On Your Mind" that Matthew West sings going through my head. What a blessing for the knowledge that Jesus loves me so much He walked in obedience to His Heavenly Father's plan for His life. He loves me so much that when I walked away He did not forget me. He loves me so much that when the hurt in my heart is so deep He is there to encourage me through it. Plain and simple. He loves me so much.

Who am I that the King of the world
Would give one single thought about my broken heart?
Who am I that the God of all grace
Wipes the tears from my face and says, "Come as you are"?
You paid the price, You took the cross
You gave Your life and You did it all
With me on Your mind (Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh)
There was me on Your mind (Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh)
Oh-oh (Hallelujah)
Thank You, Jesus (Hallelujah)
Lord, it was me on Your mind


I am always on His mind. That makes me feel special. To know I am never alone even when It feels like I am is knowledge I must never forget. As I walked on the beach yesterday I was amazed at the detail He takes in His creation. He knows every grain of sand, when every wave will come in, the number of seashells, etc. I was disappointed I didn't get to stay as long as I wanted but I was grateful for the time I had to walk and talk with Chrissy. I so hope these ribs quit hurting soon. It was disappointing to have to cut our time short but I know God was still with me even in the midst of the disappointment. He was with me last night with the disappointment with the internet not cooperating at the church. I was bummed we couldn't do our Bible study. I remember days of the past when I would have been mad over such a situation but thankfully those days are no longer. The peace God gives me in such times is not explainable but greatly appreciated. I also greatly appreciate the way God guides me with decisions. Yesterday I had a financial decision to make and was not sure of what to do. God took care of things. Praise His Holy Name! Last night when the internet wasn't working and I said, "I don't know what to do" the first thing out of Andy's mouth was "pray."  These things bless me in abundance. I am reminded of David's words in Psalm 8. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm: The greatest favour ever showed to the human race, and the greatest honour ever put upon human nature, were exemplified in the Lord Jesus. With good reason does the psalmist conclude as he began, Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth, which has been honoured with the presence of the Redeemer, and is still enlightened by his gospel, and governed by his wisdom and power! What words can reach his praises, who has a right to our obedience as our Redeemer? God, our Creator, made everything with a purpose. He made each of us with a different purpose than someone else. The purpose He has for my life is one I desire to fulfill. The waves come in and out and take the sand and shells with them yet God always knows how many grains of sand and how many seashells on on the beach. The waves of life wash over us yet God knows what is happening in our life. He knows the hurts and the disappointments but He also knows our heart and how we will react to such things. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my time walking on the beach with Chrissy yesterday, fellowship at church last night, and Your wisdom with a financial decision yesterday! Thank You for being with me every step of the day and for the guidance You provided! Thank You for all the ways You show Your love for me including Psalm 8 and the song "Me On Your Mind." You are such an awesome Father! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Betty; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Tammie; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in the motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray continued healing for Kim, Rick, Pastor Ted, and Justin Hillman as they recuperate from surgeries. I pray for wisdom for the surgeon today with Cindy's procedure.  May You be so close to the Nead Family and Melinda with the loss in their families. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: