Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Psalm 37:3-6 - "Open Up The Heavens"


I woke up this morning with the song "Open Up The Heavens" going through my mind. This song is an invitation to the Holy Spirit to have His way in your life. It actually speaks of not only your personal life but the life of a corporate body of believers. When I sing it, there is an expectancy of Him doing some pretty powerful things in my life. Every day I pray for God to cleanse me so He can fill me with more of Him. That is needed if I desire to be who He desires me to be. 

Open up the heavens
We want to see you
Open up the floodgates
A mighty river
Flowing from your heart
Filling every part of our praise

Your presence in this place
Your glory on our face
We're looking to the skies
Descending like a cloud
You're standing with us now
Lord, unveil our eyes

Our eyes must be unveiled if we truly want to live as He desires. The enemy tries to close our eyes to things but God is greater. When we keep our focus on Him, He will direct us to live as He desires. In order to get to this point in life we first must surrender to Him. That means not only our checkbooks but our calendars, possessions, family, etc. Everything. The more we do this the more we will think like God. Therefore, we will live as He desires in a greater way. Some say it is not possible to live like God. I disagree. They are correct that we can not be perfect like Him but the more we strive to be like Him the more we will be successful. I love my life. I love hearing His voice and walking in obedience to it. I am sad when I miss things He gives me. I am also sad when people are disappointed in me but I have to remember I was not put on this earth to please people. I was put here to please Him. I am so thankful for this knowledge. I am thankful for God's love, mercy, and grace that allows me to be in relationship with Him. Oh how I pray for more people to accept Him into their life. I pray for more people who have accepted Him to surrender all to Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for this song "Open Up The Heavens" and for the promises found in Psalm 37:3-6! You are such an awesome God by the way You encourage me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray for those who are not in relationship with You to accept You into their heart and for those who have accepted You to surrender totally to You. I pray Your peace over many going through tough days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Betty; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Tammie; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Justin Hillman, Vickie's son Jim, Pastor Ted, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Lord, be close to David's family as they mourn his death yet rejoice in knowing he is with You.  Thank You for being My Authority! Amen.  

No comments: