Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Matthew 28:19-20; Jeremiah 33:3 - "The Commission"

Yesterday was another emotional day but once again it was a 'good' day. God is so good to provide what we need when we allow Him. Back in the winter I was asked if I would be in Ohio this summer and if I would do a baptism. Doc dedicated Ethan as a baby and his parents asked if I would baptize him. What an honor to do this. I remember his baby dedication so well. He was one we had prayed and fasted for even before he was conceived. At that period of time there were several couples trying to conceive. It took waiting on God and His timing. As I got a hug from his little brother I told him he was a result of prayer and fasting. If Ethan would not have been born, little Eli never would have been either. God works in ways we cannot fathom. He works in ways that may not make sense to us but they do not have to. I watched Ethan while his Mommy worked when he was a baby/toddler. I remember holding him and saying many prayers for him to grow up loving the Lord. Yesterday as we talked before the baptism he told me he wanted to be baptized because he 'loved Jesus with all his heart.' Tears came to my eyes to hear him say that. My prayers were not only heard but answered. Sometimes we pray and do not know the outcome but other times like with Ethan God blesses us with the knowledge of the outcome. Sometimes we pray not knowing what words to say but that is ok because God already knows the outcome of every situation. As I drove back to Momma's last night God reminded me of the verse He gave me a few weeks ago. Jeremiah 33:3. ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ Communicating with God is crucial in our relationship with Him. He always answers us. Sometimes the answer He gives is not the one we think we want but it is always what is best for us. I continue to seek what God has for me and am thankful for this verse that reminds me to not give up seeking His will for my life. I am ready for be told great and unsearchable things in His time. In my humanness I would like His time to move a little quicker but I know His time is perfect so I must wait. As I have pondered this verse over the last few weeks there have been many thoughts go through my mind. 'Is He meaning in my personal life or ministry? When and how will He reveal this to me? How will the revelation change my life?' I don't know the answers but once again I know Who does and I am content in waiting on His revelation. This morning I have "The Commission" that Cain sings going through my mind. I am thankful for all the babies including my boys and their babies that I have prayed for over the years. What a blessing to see the fruit of my prayers.

Go tell the world about me
I was dead but now I live
I've gotta go now for a little while
But goodbye is not the
End of the journey
The end of the road
My spirit is with you
Wherever you go
You have a purpose
And I have a plan
I'll make you this promise
I'll come back again

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunity to baptize Ethan yesterday! Thank You for time with: Carol, Karen, Sharon, Karol, Marlene, Eddie, Jody, and Joan! Thank You for memories that bless me in abundance! Once again I ask for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through me. May You shine brightly through me. Father, I continue to wait for Your revelation of Jeremiah 33:3. I know Your time is the perfect time in all things. I also continue to pray for many going through difficult days. I think of Gordon and his family with the loss of his father and Nicole and her family with the loss of Deb. May You be so close to them. I continue to pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Jo Ann; Beth; Carol; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; and Little Judson. I pray for: the Long Family, the Tussing Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Lord, may You be so near to those with prodigals. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen. 

No comments: