Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Psalm 111 - "Overwhelmed"

God is so good to show us His love in 'little' and 'big' things in life. Yesterday I could not find a check to take to the bank. I get so frustrated with misplacing things. It seems like I spend more time searching for things than anything else I do in life. As usual, when I prayed and asked God to help me recollect where I put it He took me right to it. I was thinking as I found it about how life would be so different if I would just pray first in such circumstances. But then I feel guilty praying over such 'little' things. I mean God has people dying that are sending up prayers to Him. Why would He help me find something I've misplaced? The thing is He is here at all time for everyone. He is here to heal our hurts, give us direction, love on us, etc. He never is too busy for us. Woo hoo! This morning He took me to Psalm 111. David reminds us in this Psalm to praise God for everything. Verses two through four remind us that everything God creates is wonderful. That includes us. We are a work of His that needs to strive to make Him proud. He created each one of us in a unique way with a unique personality. I like the idea that I am unique! There is no one exactly like me. I'm sure there are many who would jokingly say. 'Now that's the truth!' But I am who God created me to be. No one else on this earth has the same personality, body, etc. It is just like the sunsets that I love to see. They are all different. Even when I go to the same place to see them they are still different. There are no two alike. Some are brighter or more brilliant in their design than others. Some are so spectacular that I have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming what I am seeing. I am reminded of a song Big Daddy Weave sings called "Overwhelmed"...

I see the work of Your Hands
Galaxies spin in a Heavenly dance oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming
I hear the sound of Your Voice
All at once it's a gentle and thundering noise oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming
I delight myself in You
Captivated by Your beauty
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You

Being in nature can be so overwhelming for me. I love seeing the sunsets, the dolphins playing in the water, hearing the waves at the beach, etc. They all remind me that God made every aspect in creation with a purpose. I was thinking as I was walking last night how much I appreciated the breeze as it was still in the nineties. Every aspect of His creation has a purpose and we need to praise Him for it. Today is a new day before me. I know what is on the calendar but I pray God will keep my focus so I do not miss anything He has for me. I also pray I will praise Him for every aspect of His creation He brings before me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for being with me yesterday with some disappointments and keeping my attitude right! Thank You for continuing to show me Your hand upon my life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many who are hurting. May Your presence be felt by the Nead and Kennard families in a mighty way during this time of loss. I pray for those who are struggling with memory issues to never forget Your love for them. I pray for those with physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual needs to receive Your strength for whatever they are going through. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Betty; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Tammie; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in the motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray continued healing for Kim, Rick, Pastor Ted, and Justin Hillman as they recuperate from surgeries. Thank You for being My Creator! Amen.

No comments: