Sunday, July 24, 2022

Matthew 11:28 - "For All My Life"


'Normally' my Saturday nights include praying for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and again in the morning. The ones before going to bed are 'normally' general prayers whereas the ones during the night are more specific. Last night was not a 'normal' Saturday night. I prayed for a long time for specific situations before falling asleep and then slept through the night without waking. God had me pray for...
  • a pastor on Sabbatical that is dreading going back and contemplating leaving the ministry.
  • a pastor who has no idea what God will give them to preach this morning.
  • an associate pastor who is feeling God calling him to a lead pastor position.
  • a pastor who is being torn apart for being a woman in ministry.
  • a young pastor who is getting ready to get married and anxious how his church will accept his new wife.
  • a bi-vocational pastor who needs to trust God and go into full-time ministry.
  • a pastor who feels God calling them to be a traveling evangelist.
God did not give me names of who I prayed for and that is fine by me. Sometimes I would rather not know the particulars of prayer requests. He did have me continue to pray for two of my colleagues who have/are retiring from pastoral ministry. He also had me pray for the pastor of a church in WV that is not meeting today due to him and others in the congregation having COVID. This morning when I woke He brought Matthew 11:28 to my mind. He is the Answer for all life holds. I remember when I took this picture I was in the middle of a long MS exasperation. I was beginning to wonder if my life would be using a walker from then on. God was so good to encourage me through that time along with many other tough times in life. There is a song Taya sings called "For All My Life" that is so, so good. Part of it goes...

I won't lean on my own understanding
I will let go, follow empty-handed
You say Your yoke is easy, You say Your burden's light
So I'll lеt You lead me for all my life

Yes! This is exactly the way I strive to live. The desire of my heart is to walk in obedience to God even when it doesn't make sense in my humanness. When we allow Him to be Who He desires to be in our life, we will be empowered to be who He desires us to be. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my time with Nancy, Jo Ann, Betty, and Leslie yesterday! Thank You for Your grace when I was pulled over speeding! Thank You for the rest You provided in the afternoon and my visit with Dave and Carol last night! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see/hear You through me. I pray for the pastors I prayed for last night to experience Your empowerment in their life as decisions are made. May they remember Matthew 11:28. I pray the same for others going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Betty; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; Tammie; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Justin Hillman, Vickie's son Jim, Pastor Ted, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray healing for Kim and Rick who both had surgery this week. Thank You for being My Answer! Amen.

No comments: