Friday, July 29, 2022

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Build My Life"


I woke up almost an hour earlier than 'normal' today. It is going to be a long day with a road trip this morning and a retirement ceremony and party this afternoon. One of the first things I thought was to ask God for His supernatural strength for the day ahead. I am so thankful for my relationship with Him. I am thankful for the way He gives me exactly what I need and loves on me so greatly. This morning the words to the song "Build My Life" are going through my mind. 

And I will build my life upon Your love, it is a firm foundation
And I will put my trust in You alone and I will not be shaken

Yes! Trusting the Lord with every aspect of life is key to a successful life. When we trust Him, we no longer have to fret over even small decisions. That makes for a happy life. I can remember when I used to get up in the middle of the night fretting over something that was happening in life. I would clean kitchen cupboards as quietly as I could so as to not wake anyone. That seemed to be my go-to coping mechanism. Maybe that is why my cupboards are no longer so organized! LOL I no longer do such things. I trust God with the 'big' and the 'small' things in life. I also have learned to listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. Yesterday was a prime example of listening. First, I was not successful with getting Marion to do the craft I took last week and was going to try again yesterday. The Holy Spirit prompted me to take beads instead. What a blessing to watch her separate the beads for me to make necklaces for Samaritan's Purse shoeboxes. Before leaving to go visit her the Holy Spirit prompted me to put beef in the crock pot. It did not make sense to me because I was not going to be home for dinner. I am so glad I listened because instead of my plans He had other plans. A friend needed to talk and enjoyed a home cooked meal. Praise God for such times. The more we walk in obedience to Him the more we will be rewarded with such times. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my new neighbor Patricia that I was able to help and for Marion not being in pain yesterday! Thank You for the promptings of the Holy Spirit and for the way You answered prayers for Doug, Gay, and Andy! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts reflect You. Thank You for Susie who took Momma to the doctor and for a good report! May Your peace come down upon her as she struggles. I also pray Your peace over: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Tammie; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in a motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray continued healing for Kim, Rick, Pastor Ted, Cindy, and Justin Hillman as they recuperate from surgeries. May You be so close to the Nead Family and Melinda with the loss in their families. Thank You for being The One I Trust! Amen.

No comments: