Thursday, July 14, 2022

Philippians 4:4-7 - "Just As I Am"

We talked last night in Bible study about how God showers us with His love, mercy, and grace. When I walked away from Him, He never gave up on me. Every time I was awake during the night a song Jason Crabb sings called "Just As I Am" was on my mind. This part speaks volumes...

Just as I am
In the good and the bad
You still understand
And You never stopped loving me
Just as I am
With the heart of the Father
And grace like no other
You never stopped loving me
Just as I am

His love never leaves us. Even when we turn away from Him He continues to be there for us. His protection never goes away. There are many parents I pray for with prodigals. My heart hurts for them and I pray they will know God is watching over their children. I pray these days with some of them not even knowing where their children are will be days of trusting God. Paul's words in Philippians 4 encourage us to rejoice and not be anxious. In our humanness it is hard to do this when dealing with such things in life as prodigals. But it is not impossible when we turn everything over to God and allow Him to work in the situation. The peace Paul speaks of in Philippians 4:7 can only be found through the Lord. God's love, mercy, and grace are available for all. When we accept them, His peace will be ours. When we praise Him even in the midst of trying days, we will focus on Him instead of our troubles. This will empower us to be who He has called us to be. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for all the ways You protect us and take care of us! My heart is heavy this morning as I pray for those with prodigals. May they receive Your peace with their situation as they trust You. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can be who You have called me to be. I pray for continued healing in my physical body as I rest today. Lord, be with Patty and Pastor Ted as he has surgery this morning. Guide the surgeon's hands and mind. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Marion; some young ladies with anxiety; Chrissy; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; and a lady whose breast cancer has returned. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.  

No comments: