Thursday, April 14, 2022

Various Scripture - "Brighter Days"


I woke up with the song "Brighter Days" going through my mind. I have been in times where I felt like everything that could go wrong was going wrong. It just seemed like one thing after another hit and I wasn't sure how I would survive. Thankfully God was and is always with me. He is there to encourage me and give me exactly what I need to continue on. Sometimes I felt like I could not even put one foot in front of the other yet God provided strength to do so. There have been times when I felt like I could not cry another tear yet God was there catching each one. Praise His Holy Name. My heart breaks for those going through 'tough' days yet I know when we allow God to grow us through them we will be blessed in abundance. I know I am spiritually stronger today than I was a few years ago. When we allow God to work in and through us, we will draw deeper in our relationship with Him. I remember several years ago I was asked to speak at a District Ladies Day and chose the topic "When Life Gives You Lemons Make Lemonade." That is exactly what we need to do. We need to seek God for wisdom on what to do, when to do it, how to do it, etc. when life is challenging. We actually need to do that 24/7 but even more so in challenging days. I am reminded this morning of key verses God has given me over the years.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

II Timothy 1:7 - God does not give us a spirit that makes us afraid. He gives us a spirit of power, love, and self control.

Exodus 14:14 - The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still.

II Chronicles 20:15b - The battle belongs to the Lord.

These Scripture have empowered me through 'tough' times. They have given me exactly what I need to carry on in the midst of times when I was not sure how I would carry on. Praise His Holy Name for providing His Word to us. I need to get better at being in His Word more, studying it, sharing it, etc. I need to get better at knowing where verses are when I am talking with others. I need to get better at allowing God to speak to me through His Word in the 'good' days just as I allow Him to do in the 'tough' days. Plain and simple. I need to get better. This song begins with these words...

I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I swear that love will find you in your pain
I feel it in me like the beating of life in my veins
I know there's gonna be some brighter days
I know there's gonna be some brighter days


There are so many people in my little world going through 'tough' days but oh how I hope they realize God is with them. I pray they will realize His strength to not just get through these days but to glorify Him through them. I also hope I get better at glorifying Him no matter what is happening in life. This picture I took yesterday was one that reminded me of how much God cares for all of His created beings. There were so many living creatures on the rocks. There were some hiding in the rocks themselves while others were hiding in their shells. God gives all of us ways to stay safe. We need to find those 'safe' places so He can work in and through us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the fun time with the boys yesterday at the beach, the blessing from Jo Ann with the table and chairs, our time of fellowship last night, Adult Bible Study, hearing the children talk about the Resurrection Eggs after church, and finishing Miss Aiya's blankie! You are so good to provide exactly what I need. Woo hoo! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray Marion is cooperative this afternoon to go to PT. I also pray her hip pain will be less. Lord, I pray for many going through 'tough' days to realize Your peace. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim as she is in PT. I pray for Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we adjust to life without my Rickey. He loved family gatherings and holidays when he could be with family. May we all live life to the fullest as he did. May we all make memories we can tuck away in our memory bank to enjoy in the future. I pray blessings upon Michael and Matt with their performance tonight. Their Dad would have been so proud. Thank You for being My Greatest Encourager! Amen.

No comments: