Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Hebrews 12:1-3 - "In Jesus' Name"


God woke me throughout the night to pray for many going through really 'tough' times. Each time I was awake the song "In Jesus Name" was on my mind. Sometimes we don't know how to pray. The thing we must remember is that Jesus knows our prayers before we even speak them. The purpose of us praying is to encourage us and others. Praying takes our faith deeper as we lean into Him. Praying is intentional conversation with God. We cannot allow distractions to take us away from spending time with Him. We need to keep our focus on Him. This week is full with playing catch-up from being gone last week, annual meeting Sunday, meetings each evening, Saturday packed full, etc. But not one of these things should be allowed to distract me from what the Lord desires of me. That is why I have asked people to specifically pray for me this week to stay focused. I do not want to miss anything God has for me. I also do not want to do anything that is not part of His plan for me. I want to live in His presence as I walk in obedience to His will. I know the more I strive to do so the more successful I will be. That is why it is so important to ask Him to cleanse me every morning before I start my day. What a blessing it is to be in relationship with Him. He blesses me in abundance when He has people ask me to pray for them. Last night when my friend Beth called for prayer the tears came yet the words flowed. Praise His Holy Name.

I speak the name of Jesus over you In your hurting, in your sorrow I will ask my God to move

I speak the name ′cause it's all that I can do In desperation, I′ll seek Heaven And pray this for you

Yes! His name is powerful! When we speak His name over a person or a situation, there is a peace that comes along beside it. We cannot take away the circumstances but we can take away fears, doubts, etc. through praying His name over them. There is so much power in His name.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Marion cooperating yesterday! Thank You for my time with my district RAND group last night! May You bless Tony, Brent, Kevin, Gary, and myself in our efforts. Thank You for continuing to be with Pastor Sam, Candy, and his family during these 'tough' days! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! May people see/hear You instead of me in the day ahead. Thank You for being with Beth and her family in these days of uncertainty! We praise You for the knowledge nothing is a surprise to You. Thank You for being with my friend who had a good appointment yesterday and will begin radiation! Father, may Your peace come down upon many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; Heather; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, and Christina and her family. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment; Kim and another friend recuperating from knee surgery; Baby Henry as he awaits another surgery; and Katelyn and her family with the death of Bobby's grandmother. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us!  Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: