Friday, April 8, 2022

II Corinthians 4:7-18 - "Woman At The Well"

I woke up with the song "Woman At The Well" going through my mind. There are so many people who feel this way. I cannot imagine life without God. He is the One who encourages me every day to be the person He desires me to be. When I walked away from Him, He never thought twice of allowing me to walk back in His arms. When I fail at what He desires of me, He forgives me. When I am not listening, He gets my attention. He is everything to me and for that I am grateful. I shudder to think where I would be if He were not in my life, 

Cause tonight I feel just like
The woman at the well
Wondering how someone could love me
When I can't love myself
But you want me as I am and that sounds crazy
I guess maybe that's why grace is so amazing

Just like the story from the Bible
I heard when I was just a girl
I'm the broken hearted woman
Who met the savior of the world

God takes our brokenness and makes something beautiful from it as we allow Him. I am reminded of Paul's words in II Corinthians 4:7-12. Praise God we can be cracked and chipped (vs 8) yet not be crushed. We can be bewildered yet not in despair. We can be persecuted (vs 9) yet know God is with us. People and circumstances can knock us down yet we can get back up. We can do all these things through the empowerment of the Lord. Jesus died on the cross so we can live. He died for all of our sins not just a select few. We all have a choice to make. We can either wallow in pity for ourselves or allow God to work in and through us. I am so thankful He encourages me to keep moving forward and allow Him to be in control.  Verses sixteen through eighteen of II Corinthians 4 encourage me greatly to keep my focus on Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for there not being damage to the church from the limbs that fell and for the quick response from the electric company! Thank You for Laurie who leads our Thursday night group and for my friend Marilyn who blesses me greatly! As I look out I see the beautiful sunshine and am so blessed to be where You have me. Thank You for continuing to guide me and love on me! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You ooze out of my words, thoughts, attitude, and actions.  I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Betty's friend in New York; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, Baby Henry and his family, Crystal and her family, the Long Family, Coley's Momma, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment and for Kim as she is in PT. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. I am so grateful for the memories You allowed me to make with him. Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.



No comments: